PDA

View Full Version : HUSTLER "HOG" Anybody ever used one?

Jimbo
08-09-2002, 05:22 PM
I am looking for a good machine to cut high weeds and brush.

The best looking (small) machine I have seen is the HUSTLER HOG, and Hustler 3000 with flail mower. Anyone used one? know if they are still available? Pricing?

All info greatly appreciated.

Jim

mowerconsultant
08-09-2002, 05:36 PM
The Hustler Hog is available.
23hp Kawasaki, 48" fixed deck (4.5") brush mower.
Of course this unit is built on the Shortcut chasis, but is built heavier in many area's.
This unit also has foam filled tires all around, so you will not have the inconvenience of flat tires.
Nice thing about this mower is you can pull the hog deck off and put any of our shortcut decks on the unit.
The model of this mower is 926006 it has a MSRP of $9495.00
I know of several demo units around the country, and some in the Northeast, that are available for MUCH less, and they come with full warranty.
E-mail me if you are interested.
As for the 3000 series, you have a few tire and seat options and such.
The price on the 3400 with flail deck could vary a lot, E-mail me for pricing on this unit.
hustler@twcny.rr.com

Hope this helps
Later
Pj

Equipguy
08-09-2002, 09:02 PM
The Hustler Hog will cut anything it can push over without a second thought. Even in wet conditions it just chews it up big time. However, there are some things to consider for your mowing applications. It's a fixed deck, so the cutting height is always the same. It's long and is difficult to turn in tight places and last but not least it doesn't do well in sand. Also it gives a pretty decent looking cut on overgrown bahia grass. The one we had could be used in either sitting or standing position which was a real plus for mowing vacant lots. Hope that helps.

Jimbo
08-09-2002, 11:47 PM
Equipguy,

Did you buy new? How much was it?

Thanks for the info. I cant understand why they made it fixed deck. Maybe so it had weight to bend over saplings without raising the deck.
Did you get stuck often on wet or angled terrain? Not much sand up this way but lots of soft ground and mud.

jim

Equipguy
08-12-2002, 07:46 AM
Jimbo

Didn't have any experience in mud but it did hold a slope fairly well as long as it was mostly turf. Purchased a demo that about 1yr old for $8300. Well worth the price for the vacant lot mowing we used it for. Ck the Hustler web site, they use to have a place for equipment for sale. Or ck with your local dealer, maybe he can find a factory demo some where there trying to unload.

Artman
08-16-2002, 11:27 AM
This was just posted on our Classifieds section of our web site:

R-McCarty|1715 Cherokee Blvd|Memphis|Tn|38111||(901) 744-1555|rmccarty@midsouthsweepersupply.com||Tractors|Demo Hustler Hogg|Demo Hustler Hogg 18 hrs 23 Hp Kawasaki engine~nl~$6,000.00 F.O.B. Memphis

Ron McCarty
08-16-2002, 12:14 PM
Have a demo Hogg in stock sale price $6,000.00 18 hrs F.O.B.

No unsponsored dealer advertising. Please inqure for ad details

Jimbo
08-16-2002, 05:35 PM
Artman-

thanks a million for looking out for me. I'll check it out.

jim

65hoss
08-16-2002, 05:44 PM
I'm in Memphis. Jimbo if your REALLY interested in this one I'll try to take out time to look at it for you. Even demo it if they don't mind. But please, only if your really interested. Time is a little short these days with tons of work and lots of rain to hinder it.

Jimbo
08-16-2002, 05:55 PM
Thanks 65Hoss,

I REALLY appreciate the offer. If I decide to buy I will keep your offer in mind. I really would want myself or at the least someone else to demo one in some brush before buying, because these things look very much like a regular ZTR.
I also have to factor in how much it would cost to get it up to Maryland.

I hope I am doing the right thing by looking at these and not regular bush hogs? I know I could buy a good sized used tractor and bush hog for the same price, but I just dont have a good way to haul one.

Still trying to decide whats best.

Jim

:confused:

Jimbo
08-16-2002, 11:38 PM
Ron,

E-mail me at Lilpip821@aol.com