PDA

View Full Version : Gate Master

Cut 2 Please
08-09-2002, 06:36 PM
Is that a floating deck on the Gate Master? Also will the Gatemaster be capable of the same ground speeds as the other Hydro walk behinds? It looks neet and I am very intersted in one when they come out.

mowerconsultant
08-09-2002, 07:30 PM
Yes the GateMaster has a floating deck, it is suspended with chains.
The grounds speed will be comparable with other hydro walk behinds.

Hope this helps
Pj

AielLandscaping
08-10-2002, 05:32 PM
what kind of time line are we looking at until these become available?

mowerconsultant
08-10-2002, 06:09 PM
At this time we are scheduling production for December or January.
If all goes well you should see them in your dealers showroom in late January.
When we start booking units to dealers we will let you guys know, so your dealer can hold a unit for you.

Hope this helps
Pj

sirsweatsalot
08-22-2002, 11:48 PM
is there going to be a bagger attatchment for the gatemaster?

and is priceing similar to a standered walkbehind?

Artman
08-23-2002, 10:26 AM
Pricing is yet to be determined. I've heard the amount of $4500.00 mentioned. How does that sound?

As to a bagger. Having seen the machine, I would guess that a bagger is possible. It would have to be removed before tilting the deck, but it should work.

Ryan Lightning
09-20-2002, 12:02 PM
What will be the cutting heights for the gate master?

Artman
09-20-2002, 04:59 PM
1" to 4 1/2"

soccer coach
09-20-2002, 06:11 PM
Mowerconsultant, If production is that soon you have to already have a price in mind. Even a ball park with in 500.00 would help alot of us try to budget. I think the design is very nice but will cross it off our consideration list soon without a price. Production would not even be talked about if you didn't think you could sell the thing and in order to make that decision of sell or not a price must be getting kicked around. Not trying to stir the pot just kills me that Hustler won't talk about price.

mowerconsultant
09-20-2002, 09:26 PM
Sorry.........
I have no pricing, I have no guesses at pricing.
The unit is a prototype, protoypes change after testing and such.
When we do have some pricing everyone on Lawnsite will be the first ones to know.

Later
Pj

Tony Harrell
09-28-2002, 08:17 AM
I don't know if this has been brought up before but, will the gatemaster be able to run through a gate under it's own power or will elbow grease be required?

Envy Lawn Service
09-30-2002, 09:24 PM
This is the 1st walk behind I have considered. I don't really know anything about them. But, I will be having some changes in my business next year. I've had a family member to approach me about working for me. So, a walkbhind would be a cheaper way of getting a machine for him to run.

I atleast want to get a sulky. One that you could stand or sit on would be nice. Will this new machine be able to be used with a sulky? I mow a lot of hilly terrain and change mowing directions each time. Is a walk behind with a sulky safe and pratical for this type of use?

mowerconsultant
10-01-2002, 12:20 AM
Tony,
The unit will drive under its own power with the deck in the up position.

Envy,
Like all commercial wb's you will be able to mount a aftermarket stand on type sulky.
This unit will work well on hills, depending on the slope, I would say you would need to take the sulky off though.

Later
Pj