PDA

View Full Version : Replace foam on grips and levers

hdtvluvr
09-11-2010, 04:49 PM
I have a Dixie Chopper and really need to replace the foam on the levers and grips. The original looks like tubes that were slid on but you can't slide anything on the levers over the grips because the grips are larger than the levers. I tried pulling and twisting the grips but they wouldn't budge.

How do the grips come off and what is everyone using to replace the foam covers for both?

bob
09-11-2010, 09:21 PM
Put a couple of drops of dishwashing soap on the lever or in the new grip. Don't use too much, it needs to dry out over night.

Restrorob
09-11-2010, 09:23 PM
Heat the grips with a hair dryer then try removing again, If they still wont come cut them off.

Any Dixie dealer can get if not in stock #20257 grips/#67259 foam grip covers and #400037 foam joystick sleeves.

hdtvluvr
09-11-2010, 09:28 PM
Thanks, I'll give that a try.

White Gardens
09-11-2010, 09:31 PM
At the factory, they start the ends of the grips onto the lever until it stops.

Then use an air compressor with the blow tip, stick it on the the other end, expand the grip and slide it on.

I can't remember if they spray anything on first or not though, might want to call the factory and find out.

Restrorob
09-11-2010, 09:44 PM
At the factory, they start the ends of the grips onto the lever until it stops.

Then use an air compressor with the blow tip, stick it on the the other end, expand the grip and slide it on.

I can't remember if they spray anything on first or not though, might want to call the factory and find out.

When the grips are new the air is all that's required, Done it many times..... Thumbs Up