PDA

View Full Version : Husky>Redmax crossover??

New2TheGreenIndustry
09-12-2010, 11:45 AM
Has anyone had any experience with the new Husky equipment that has incorporated the Redmax design? My Redmax dealer is now pushing all Husky equipment and I am a little apprehensive to make the crossover. The dealer says it all comes off the same line, but I don't want to make a purchase if they still have kinks to work out. Sorry if this has been discussed.

rwaters
09-12-2010, 02:54 PM
Husky owns redmax so what they are doing is putting orange plastic on a few of the trimmers. and red plastic on a blower and some chainsaws. no kinks to be worked out really it is just cosmetic changes.

castlerockmo
09-12-2010, 03:17 PM
The way I understand it there is only a few products that are redmax in the husqvarna line. The 326ls and 327ls are husqvarna trimmers- I have both and they are the best trimmers ever! Maybe ucfbrain will chime in, since he is a husq dealer.
Posted via Mobile Device

New2TheGreenIndustry
09-22-2010, 10:49 PM
So I went ahead and bought the Husqvarna 380bts. So far so good. Runs just like the Redmax 8000 series I have come to love over the years. This is my first year solo and I financed a Stihl blower with the sale of my TTHP earlier this year. I was not very happy with the Stihl and knew it would not cut it come leaf season. Hopefully the Husky will hold up as well as the Redmax.

copperhillspower
10-13-2010, 01:13 PM
We bought 8 of these at the beginning of the season and there hasn't been that has made it throught the season yet without being brought into the shop to be torn down and and be worked on. They have been nothing but trouble for us. We have 4-5 yr old Shindaiwa back ups we are using and the guys would rather use them then the less then 1 yr old Husq. stuff. All the problems have been carb and RPM problems, a couple already have new carbs on them. Anybody else ran these and had problems?