PDA

View Full Version : Customized 16' Pace Trailer

PlantscapeSolutions
09-12-2010, 02:22 PM
I'm going to add a second posting so I can add more pics. This trailer has been a whole lot of work. Here is what I did to my Trailer.

1. Replace skylights with RV units that are much better quality. The OEM Pace units went to crap.
2. Added 1/2" of plywood to the ramps and walls. I had to add a bump stop to the trailer to allow for making the smaller ramp thicker. I also replaces all the pathetic crews in the ramp with lag bolts. A wear strip of aluminum was also added to the edge of the ramp.
3. Greentouch weedeater rack. TrimmerTrap makes the second best rack but it's a distant second.
3. Greentouch string holder.
4. Fire extinguisher
5. Caulking all cracks for when I use the trailer for carrying fertilizer.
6. Customer racks for hedge trimmers, pole trimmer, Rakes, ladders, and push mower.
7. I shortened the hooks on the open trailer style TrimmerTrap blower racks and added a shelf. This makes getting the blowers in and out really easily and it minimizes the load on the plastic blower handles.
8. Using a metal container to store gas cans is the safest way to go. I may build a small custom rack near the ramp for one 2.5 Gal mix can.
9. The front two mowers use ProLockers on the tires.
10. All floors and walls have multiple coatings of polyurethane.

This my first enclosed trailer but I think it came out pretty sweet. I'm going to try to add my second posting with the other pics.

Lawn Racer
09-12-2010, 03:09 PM
very nice!!!

bobcat48
09-12-2010, 05:01 PM
Nice.u got a nice setup.

naveslawncare
09-12-2010, 05:08 PM
how do you like your v-ride and what size is it

PlantscapeSolutions
09-12-2010, 05:42 PM
I took the counter weights off the front of the V-ride, the pad, and the fold down rear ramp. The weights bolted under the front of the mower probably lightened the mower by 80 lbs. By removing the large pad it allows the operator to stand closer to the center of the axle. I removed the extra fold down ramp to force my workers to stand closer to the axle which makes the mower more stable.

The only thing I wish the mower had was a speed control like my Hydro walk behind Scags have. It would be nice to just be able to push the controls all the way forward while mowing. It took my guys a little time to get used to the mower but they love it. The 20 HP motor is great for tall grass from extra rain or fertilizer applications.

DIXIECONTRACTING
09-12-2010, 06:50 PM
nice setup good luck

JDavisLandscapes
09-14-2010, 02:53 PM
Do you get a lot of work from the trailer graphics?

PlantscapeSolutions
09-14-2010, 08:15 PM
The trailer has only been on the road for a week. I'm not expecting the trailer to make the phone ring much. But even if I a job a year as a result it will be worth it. Looking like a professional company and showing off our landscape pics is really what it's about. It's really nice to see people turn their heads when you drive by.

It's also nice to drive by the competition and rub their nose in it! Making the competition envious is sweet.

PlantscapeSolutions
09-14-2010, 08:16 PM
And it's a 36.

rollman
03-14-2012, 06:44 PM
Nice trailer and setup you have , do you lock your gas up do to theif or to get the fumes down ?

Birchwood
03-14-2012, 08:34 PM
whats on the ceiling?

Poorboy's landscaping
04-02-2012, 10:22 PM
I was woundering the same thing.

BROWNS LAWN CARE
04-07-2013, 08:46 AM
bump for the ceiling question...

:waving: brown's lawn service

PlantscapeSolutions
04-07-2013, 10:17 AM
I have a ladder rack on the ceiling for two ladders. We usually had a pole saw or two tucked up there as well.

gallihergreen
04-07-2013, 12:28 PM
Since it's been about a year now, how's the Pace been holding up Plantscape?
Posted via Mobile Device

PlantscapeSolutions
04-07-2013, 02:05 PM
I'm starting season number three of using the trailer four days a week. I had the trailer for about two years before that but I didn't trust the driver I had at the time so I only used it myself for application work. So far so good. I tinkered on the trailer for a year and spent a lot of hours getting it set up. Most people do not get creative enough with their trailer setup and it hurts efficiency and wastes your money at every stop you make.

If you can't get to a blower, mix gas, string trimmer, fire extinguisher, extra line, or a push mower in two steps without having to climb over mowers you have a problem. Things like Prolockers and Extreme string trimmer racks are great time savers. If my three man crew guys waste even one minute due to efficiency issues at each stop that would be about 147 man hours of waste a year.

cps
08-13-2013, 03:50 PM
I was also wondering about the gas cans in the tool box?

PlantscapeSolutions
08-13-2013, 05:56 PM
I was also wondering about the gas cans in the tool box?

It's all about speed. We keep a 2.5 mix can at the back and three more in the front along with two 5 gallon gas cans. The best holder for a gas can is the one I made.