PlantscapeSolutions
09-12-2010, 02:34 PM
Here are some more pics from my other posting

KrayzKajun
09-12-2010, 03:08 PM
very kool trailer!

Mattsmowing99
09-12-2010, 04:53 PM
Maybe its me, but why put the mowers in at an angle? Wouldn't you have more room it they were side by side?

bobcat48
09-12-2010, 05:19 PM
Nice........

PlantscapeSolutions
09-12-2010, 05:58 PM
That was the original plan but my shelf in the front made getting to the ProLockers on the wheels too difficult. The mower we use the least will always be put in the front of the trailer. I actually have another 36" Scag Hydro that goes in the front of the trailer on different mowing days. The middle mower comes out quickly and the angle away from the wall makes getting to the ProLockers easier.

The yellow Great Dane Gateway has a fold up deck that takes up less space but it actually worked better to leave it down. With the deck up I couldn't get the deck to clear the front shelf. With the deck down I had to put the Great Dane in the middle spot where it was in the way most of the time. There may be some tweaking yet to come in the future. I'm all about getting the job done efficiently.

I laugh every time I see someone with removable ramps or worse a walk behind in the back of a pickup. There's a lot of people out there that have no idea how much money their wasting with bad setups.

Mattsmowing99
09-12-2010, 08:28 PM
welll i never thought of that, maybe next make the shelve higher and get fast straps?

C & T Landscaping
09-12-2010, 08:30 PM
Your trailers outside is....very busy. I think you have to look through to much to find contact info. But it is nice. Just like I said too busy for me. Just my $0.02

flatlander42
09-12-2010, 09:17 PM
Why are there small wheels on the inside of your ramp door?

Possibly a stupid question, but I thought I'd ask anyways........

highlander316
09-12-2010, 11:27 PM
any more pics of the Great Dane? Haven't seen one of those in quite some time.

ajslands
09-13-2010, 12:08 AM
Is that a wrap?
Posted via Mobile Device

PlantscapeSolutions
09-14-2010, 01:05 PM
Because I made the ramp thicker it put pressure on the piano hinge when it was closed. The ramp no longer hung straight down. Instead it was stuck at a slight angle. So I added theses supports to take the pressure off the hinge. Without the stops it put a bending pressure right down the middle of the hinge. Those hinges are nothing to brag about to begin with and really need all the help they can get.

PlantscapeSolutions
09-14-2010, 06:45 PM
The ProLockers are faster and more secure than straps and if the shelf were any higher it would be difficult to get the gas cans out of the diamond plate tool box. There not a lot of 7' tall workers from Mexico (1) and Guatemala (3). I fit three walk behinds in the trailer easily.

If you put the mowers side by side it's a tight fit getting them out as well. Because there is nothing close to the mowers you can back them out very quickly. There's no rubbing on the wall or the other mowers like you get when the mowers are sandwiched in.

PlantscapeSolutions
09-14-2010, 06:53 PM
When you drop over $2K on a wrap you want something that blows people away. The before and after pictures are dramatic. There's a lot of frauds running around out there with clip art are on their trucks, trailers, yellow pages ads, and websites. We want people to see the crap we started with and the finished product we designed and installed. If you spend money on an expensive wrap and it doesn't darn near slap the crap out of you visually then you've wasted your money.

PlantscapeSolutions
09-14-2010, 08:01 PM
I bought the Great Dane new years back thinking it was the latest and greatest thing. It paid for it's self but if I could go back in time I'd probably buy a 48" Hydro Scag walk behind. Even though the deck folds up it's too big for most homes.The mower sat in my garage for several years getting little use but we picked up a few big properties and it's making money now.

PlantscapeSolutions
09-14-2010, 08:04 PM
It's a wrap from Austin Graphics. There are other places in town that are cheaper but this place has the best reputation. The is a little more work on the nose of the trailer. The wrap was about $2300 with tax.