PDA

View Full Version : Dixie Chopper Gurus what do you think??????????

Craftybigdog
08-09-2002, 11:24 PM
Ive been looking at Kubota Z28 72in and I was at the John Deere dealer today and I saw there Dixie Chopper city slicker 72in with a 26hp diesel yanmar motor what do you guys think of the mower good and bad points I must admit it is one ugly machine but if it does the job and he said it cuts at 13mph so give me some feedback please, thanks alot!

Flex-Deck
08-09-2002, 11:33 PM
Get the Dixie Chopper with the Flex-Deck (It would be a 60" main deck and another 18" with the Flex-Deck for a 78" cut) They have them - Ask about it. It will do more trimming and mowing than any machine you have ever run. See their web page. www.dixiechopper.com

Your dealer should have a Flex-Deck ready machine. If not call me at 877-353-9335 or call Dixie Chopper - www.dixiechopper.com The number should be on their web page.

crazygator
08-10-2002, 05:13 PM
That Dixie should be a good machine. The motor (if it has been taken care of) should last a very long time. If you need the 72" then I would buy a machine with a 72" deck. Although if you get a smaller deck you could add the flex deck as stated above, you will not get a stripe pattern with the flex deck added when mowing. And you will still have to use a string trimmer.

Let us know how much the Dixie is.

TLS
08-10-2002, 05:28 PM
Crafty,

I thought, DC guys correct me if I'm wrong, that the "City Slicker" was a "Late '90's" era 25hp Kohler with a 72" deck?

If your mowing every week and the grass never gets high or thick, this mower will do just fine. For 99% of the other people out there, they are a bit underpowered. Fine for 60" decks, but when you add that extra FOOT, power is tapped pretty hard.

BUT....I guess no one thought of POWER requirements when they invented the Flex Deck, because at 78", most 60" powerplants will be substaintially underpowered with the added 18" of cut.

I don't believe DC makes a 26hp Diesel in the 72" deck anymore....Do they?

weve
08-11-2002, 07:12 PM
I have a 26 hp Yanmar on a 60" cut Dixie with the Flex Deck. Mine came off the production line in April. It isn't listed in their brochures but can be ordered.

My mower has adequate power right now, but in heavy spring growth was somewhat underpowered. In heavy growth, I just do the trimming with the Flex Deck on and then take it off to mow the open areas. I think that the 26 hp Yanmar with the 72" deck would have enough power under normal conditions. My dealer rep lives nearby and had one for a year or so. This model also had the "City Slicker" decals.

Larry