PDA

View Full Version : we start hang lights tomorrow !

David Gretzmier
09-13-2010, 12:19 AM
well, the beginning of the season finally arrives tomorrow. we have 15 so buildings/properties to get done by the end of september, and we are pretty much booked from the 13th thru the 30th. Ocober looks a bit lighter, we are going to call folks to try to book that more solid, but I counted 25 jobs for October, and I would like that to be closer to 40-50. I wish I could be lax and just hang whatever clients call us for early stuff, but I always want November to be as easy as possible. even if we get 60 or so off the list that would leave us close to 140 to get hung up in November, and that just scares me.

I have GOT to figure out a way to get 4 crews going this November. I hope we can make enough on the early jobs to fund a used boxvan or 2, as we are set up currently for 3 routes plus one backup rig. It looks like I will have some good manpower available, so I need to strive for 4 crews to release some november pressure.

clydebusa
09-13-2010, 01:54 AM
Wow all ready, is that because of the bikes and bbq is coming up?

David Gretzmier
09-13-2010, 10:22 PM
we have 4 properties that have to be up and lit by friday because of Bikes, Blues, and bbq. we have quite a few residentials that get discounts for september, and more commercial accounts that are challenging and need to be done before the colder weather comes.

PerfectEarth
09-13-2010, 10:24 PM
Depressing...... I'd lose my mind if I had to do christmas decorations right now. It's bad enough doing them in early Nov.

David Gretzmier
09-14-2010, 09:21 AM
depressing? I love it ! My Christmas season has always begun around Sept 15 and ends Jan 31. so 4.5 months of crazy 60 and 80 hour weeks Christmas work, 6.5 months of part time/ sometimes full time landscape lighting work, and I take February off. not too bad of a life.

Even starting in mid september is getting late for us, as we are pretty much booked for this month and about 1/2 booked for October. I looked at a large commercial project yesterday that my gut tells me 2-3 guys for 2 weeks to complete. that pretty much eats our free time in October. I was hoping to get another 25-30 residentials done and make november less stressful.

MarcSmith
09-14-2010, 09:40 AM
I'm ok with hanging the lights, to get a head start, but please don't turn em on until after turkey day....

Now it seems like columbus day is the official start of the holiday season..