PDA

View Full Version : Troy bilt TB4SC Leaf Blower with oil leak

cabotlawnboy
09-13-2010, 12:49 PM
I was wondering if you all had any ideas what might be causeing oil to leak into the air filter of my leaf blower. Seams to be coming out of the PCV valve? and dripping onto the air filter.

Any ideas would be helpful thanks.

Alan0354
09-13-2010, 04:06 PM
I was wondering if you all had any ideas what might be causeing oil to leak into the air filter of my leaf blower. Seams to be coming out of the PCV valve? and dripping onto the air filter.

Any ideas would be helpful thanks.

It is a 4 cycle hand held blower with separate oil and gas. I bet you let it sat side ways or up side down over night. It is very common for 4 cycle engine with separate oil. Honda GX25, 31 and 35 do the same thing. They can run in all position, but they cannot sit at position where the cylinder is up side down or side way.

When engine is not runing, oil settle to the lowest spot. Because the engine is not running, there are no gas pressure at the back of the rings to push it against the cylinder wall to form a tight seal. Oil sip right pass the ring into the combussion chamber and part of it into intake that wet the filter.

In serious case, the engine cannot even turn because of oil in the cylinder and people have to take the plug off to drain the oil!!

No biggy, just make sure it sit up right from now on.