PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for a fall install

cut level
09-13-2010, 01:07 PM
Got about 200 sq ft across the front of a freshly remodeled home that is in a country setting. I am working on the bed installation and thought I would get some of yalls thoughts on flowers. What fall flowers are gonna throw the most colors looking for the yellows, whites, reds, anything with good bright colors. Homeowner has left the "flower color" part up to me but expressed they wanted colors that would "pop". Brick on the house was painted gray with white trim and white columns and black shutters. Thanks for your suggestions!

hotwater
09-13-2010, 07:24 PM
What zone is the property in?

cut level
09-13-2010, 10:18 PM
west tennessee

hotwater
09-14-2010, 10:46 AM
west tennessee

After that response I went through a few of your old posts. I ran across one where you said you were giving bed installs to a friend. I'm not sure how things work in TN as far as licensing. License required or not, if you don't have much experience, it may be a good idea to ask your friend to help you out with the job. Even though it's a small job, dead plants still creates an unhappy customer.

When I asked what zone the property was in I was speaking of the USDA Plant Hardiness Zone.

cut level
09-14-2010, 12:55 PM
Dont know where the license stuff came into play but its a non issue. Just got into the plant installs this year. As my progression of properties got better and better on the mowing side I am having to start installing with the nicer homes just to not have anyone else in there with me. Its not hard to find out what flowers will be hardy enough to stand the Tennessee fall climate. I have an idea about which ones but just thought I would ask for some feedback from folks on the site. Thanks!

hotwater
09-14-2010, 01:59 PM
Dont know where the license stuff came into play but its a non issue. Just got into the plant installs this year. As my progression of properties got better and better on the mowing side I am having to start installing with the nicer homes just to not have anyone else in there with me. Its not hard to find out what flowers will be hardy enough to stand the Tennessee fall climate. I have an idea about which ones but just thought I would ask for some feedback from folks on the site. Thanks!

Sounds like you got it then, good luck with the project.

cut level
09-14-2010, 03:20 PM
Thanks for coming in to thump your chest a lil. Glad you could be of help.