PDA

View Full Version : echo pb400e blower no spark

jeffsedlak
09-13-2010, 03:40 PM
This unit has a two part ignition, an external coil and an internal C.D.I. both are expensive and neither in stock locally. With the kill switch disconnected, I get no spark at the plug cable end. How do I tell which part is bad?
jeff

cabotlawnboy
09-13-2010, 03:54 PM
This unit has a two part ignition, an external coil and an internal C.D.I. both are expensive and neither in stock locally. With the kill switch disconnected, I get no spark at the plug cable end. How do I tell which part is bad?
jeff

How can you tell your getting no spark without grounding the plug wire?

Did you have a grounded plug attached when checking for no spark? Just making sure before we dig deeper thanks.

jeffsedlak
09-13-2010, 04:05 PM
I removed the plug boot from the plug wire and shorted the plug wire itself to the head while I cranked quickly (with the plug removed).
jeff

cabotlawnboy
09-13-2010, 06:23 PM
I removed the plug boot from the plug wire and shorted the plug wire itself to the head while I cranked quickly (with the plug removed).
jeff

Assuming your sure it's not the switch and the coils ground is properly attached, the only thing i know you can do is check resistance between the plug terminal and coil where it grounds at the flywheel. If the resistance is practically infinity for instance its most likely toast.

jeffsedlak
09-13-2010, 08:02 PM
I will try that. To test the CDI; if I disconnect the lead to the coil from the internal C.D.I. and put a meter on it to ground what scale would I use and what reading should I expect when I crank?
jeff