PDA

View Full Version : Leaf Vac Truck Idea

All American CL
09-14-2010, 01:44 AM
Tell me if you have any info about converting a street sweeper truck into a awesome leaf vac truck

The truck:
has its own 4cyl diesel engine to power the vac, the dump is a 5 yard it also has a h20 water supression system installed on it if needed to minimize dust. The truck is only $1500 and it was a ex-city truck with only 50K miles on the main detroit diesel engine.

I was thinking I may leave the truck as it is and drive over leafs and see how well this works to collect them, or attatch a hose like a regular leaf vac and suck away.

I need opinions or suggestions/ or if you have tried this before. I have all commercial accounts and I can drive the truck into all the accounts, I also will be able to advertise for parking lot sweeping too.

All American CL
09-14-2010, 01:45 AM
here is a pic

MLI
09-14-2010, 07:43 AM
....I think its great for sweeping parking lots, but not leaves. It only holds a small amount of leaves vs. size truck and fuel economy. Also I don't think the sweeper shreds the leaves, so Im thinking that would fill up wayyyyy to fast.

MnGreen
09-16-2010, 11:34 AM
Include lot maintenance to your services, extend the box walls and tarp. Mount a loader on it.