PDA

View Full Version : Vacuum tree line missing.

CSRA Landscaping
08-10-2002, 02:44 PM
I was pulling out some diseased red tips and all of a sudden, the truck (91 F350) stalled. So I crawl up under the hood and immediately notice the hissing noise, loose vacuum. So I found it, it's on the vacuum tree on the intake manifold. From what I saw in the Hayne's book, it's supposed to have a line that goes to the passenger side of the truck but I've found nothing at all. I'll post some pics of what it is, so maybe someone that knows trucks can tell me where to look for the line. TIA ...
Pic #1:

CSRA Landscaping
08-10-2002, 02:46 PM
#2:

CSRA Landscaping
08-10-2002, 02:47 PM
#3:

CSRA Landscaping
08-10-2002, 05:09 PM
I've noticed since posting this that there seems to be an almost propane-like smell coming into the cab, now. So I'm assuming this is somehow connected to the exhaust. But I still don't know where.

Albemarle Lawn
08-10-2002, 10:28 PM
That position goes to another Tee on the firewall, a 3-way tee.

Also, do you have cruise control? IF so check to see if it still works, the other top-fitting on that tee on my manifold goes to the cruise servo.

NOTE: It seems you have a 351 windsor 5.8, and I have a 302. The engines are identical except for bore, stroke, and firing order.

KB

Albemarle Lawn
08-10-2002, 10:30 PM
Once to a vacuum storage bulb, the other to inside the dash. I know the fresh/recirc flap is Vacuum controlled so that could explain the smell...you may be taking in fresh with the A/C whereas you would normally recirc with A/C.

CSRA Landscaping
08-11-2002, 09:10 AM
KB, I'll check to see if I can find that tee. Which side is it on, driver or passenger? Also, cc hasn't worked since I bought the thing, so that's out. This is really making the truck run pretty rough. Thanks for your help, I'll let you know if I've found it later.

CSRA Landscaping
08-11-2002, 05:03 PM
KB, the only three-way tee that I was able to find has come loose from wherever it was moored to and it doesn't have a loose line. Here are some pics of what I'm seeing.

CSRA Landscaping
08-11-2002, 05:04 PM
Here's the three-way:

CSRA Landscaping
08-11-2002, 05:06 PM
The only other three-way anything that I could find was this and it's all good, too.

CSRA Landscaping
08-11-2002, 05:07 PM
Here's what I'm looking at up by the firewall. Where was thetee on your bronco?

Albemarle Lawn
08-11-2002, 11:09 PM
On mine its bolted to the firewall, to the passenger side of the large aluminum intake that says "5.8"

Its actually behind that air conditioning hose that runs across the top of the firewall beneath the cowl.

P.S.

Like typical Ford junk my engine has been replaced twice now so things may have gotten shuffled, however mine runs perfectly.

I will try to get you some pics when it is daylight, my engine is very clean so it should be easy to see.

Ken

P.S. if you want it to run better until its fixed right, get a vacuum cap and cap the leak.

cos
09-19-2002, 02:14 PM
Gotta love Fords and their abundance of vacuum lines. :)

CSRA Landscaping
09-19-2002, 09:06 PM
I've been with Fords all my life, Dana. I'm in the process of making the switch ...