PDA

View Full Version : Lesco Help!

Ace@A&P
09-15-2010, 02:02 AM
First and foremost, my tranny is at it's end. I think it's repairable at this point but I wanted to get some pointers on what to look for. I have been on the dealer/shop side of lawn equipment for the last ten years but sadly never had the opportunity to take of these apart. There is a little side to side and lateral play in the transmission driven pulley under the mower so I am assuming it will need needle and thrust bearings very soon. The mower wants to "jerk" when I am operating. It's a wrist breaker and getting irritating not to mention slowing me down. This mower has had a sulky on it's entire life so wear and tear is inevitable. 5-speed with reverse assist 700 series tranny btw. It also wants to pull to the right the entire time which I am not sure if that is also because of the tranny or just a belt issue. I have checked and everything keeps turning except for the two output shafts to the wheels so I am guessing it must be internal. No grinding noise though.

Another problem I am having is finding parts or parts breakdowns. I know that Lesco is now John Deere but frankly I don't trust the local dealer to get the right parts so I'd like to look them up myself. I need brake bands and both drive belts (double v, cogged). I'm just not sure where to find them. I was hoping someone would have a parts book for this machine. 15 kaw 48" deck model #707554

Any help would be appreciated.

Danscapes
09-15-2010, 03:15 PM
Lesco=cubcadet.........start there for parts.:drinkup::drinkup:

Ace@A&P
09-15-2010, 11:07 PM
Lesco=cubcadet.........start there for parts.:drinkup::drinkup:

Thanks Dan. I use to work at a Cub dealer so I do know that Cub and Lesco are one and the same but the belts are different depending on the model. Cub has about 6 different models under the name "G1548".