PDA

View Full Version : Kawasaki engine not running properly

ccli
09-15-2010, 11:38 AM
I have a 52 inch stander and can not get it to run at full throttle. Any ideas?

CCCMech
09-15-2010, 01:23 PM
F.I. or Carb. ?

ccli
09-15-2010, 02:04 PM
Carb
Posted via Mobile Device

CCCMech
09-15-2010, 02:47 PM
Have you cleaned the jets yet ?

seabee24
09-15-2010, 08:11 PM
is the governor asking for more fuel or is the governor limiting the amount of fuel?

explination: your thottel cable is attached to the governor spring... which in turn is attached to the carb, when you move the throttel up, and the motor is not putting out the correct rpm, is the butterfly on the carb fully open? - if so then your linkages are correct and you need to work with the carb,

IF it is not fully or almost fully open, then try to move the butterfly by hand,...if the motor responds and goes up in power, then you have a govenor problem, or a linkage problem, in this case the governor is not telling the carb the correct amount of power you are asking for. bad spring, bad linkage, adjustment, governor problem

ccli
09-15-2010, 08:29 PM
Thanks I will check it out tomorrow.

RickyDL77
09-27-2010, 01:17 AM
might also want to check the Plate under the carb where the throttle and choke cables attach. the plate itself is adjustable.
and some models have a idle adjustment screw along with another screw that can stop the travel of the throttle cable. after a few years the springs on the screws wear down and they can self thread themselves further in or out by the vibration of the engine.. have had alot of these probelms on our Standers..