PDA

View Full Version : Custom tracvac for Great Dane Surfer

peahlybros.
09-15-2010, 02:18 PM
Hey guys,

Had this put together about a month ago. Before I put up any pictures, I wanted to see how it worked. It is awesome to say the least. Its a 6.5hp unit designed to be pulled behind a ztr. I got a great deal on the unit so I couldnt resist not buying it and made it to fit my machine. Used it on a huge dethatching job and it sucked up all of the thatch with no problems. Gets a little scary when it fills up because the machine is really front heavy, but other than that it tracks perfectly.

JUST CAN'T WAIT FOR LEAF SEASON!!!

peahlybros.
09-15-2010, 02:20 PM
a couple more pics

KE-llc
09-15-2010, 02:48 PM
looks like it clogs easily with the blower so far away from the discharge and the severe turn in the hose

peahlybros.
09-15-2010, 03:01 PM
I thought the same thing when we were making it. But it was so easy to hook it to the front that it was worth giving a try. Haven't had it clog yet, I guess we will see when I start doing leaves. One thing that is nice about it is that there is so much force coming out of the discharge and the vacuum is so powerful that it doesnt really have much chance to clog. The only thing I wish is that there was some way to tell when the trash can gets full (like an LED indicator light or something).

I think im gunna rig a handle on the hose so that I can use the vacuum in flower beds and hard to reach places.

Kennedy Landscaping
09-15-2010, 04:42 PM
Nice setup, a leaf extension is going to get ordered for my accelerator bagger for next season most likely. I'll probably end up leaving it on during mowing season too but I'm not sure just yet.

bobcat48
09-15-2010, 08:50 PM
Nice setup.thoose trac vacs are real nice.

peahlybros.
02-17-2011, 12:48 AM
Update on the tracvac. After using it throughout the fall season I could not be happier. The only time it ever clogged was when it got way overfull. But once we got the feel for how much it could hold we never got clogged. The 6.5hp vac provided far too much suction for anything to get clogged in the sharp turns of the hose (which was what I was expecting to happen). I also thought that having it so far out front would make the mower too long, but in fact it was better because the operator can see the machine better and therefore limited any possible accidents.

grassman177
02-17-2011, 01:59 AM
nice set up man, i would like something like that , but not sure i would not just want a big dumping one for our kubota mowers instead!?

we dont stripe duing leaf jobs, we jsut get them sucked up as quick as we can and the strips from the year still stand out and the contrast of a dark green lawn agains the dying landscape is nice

Jelinek61
02-17-2011, 05:20 PM
That should work great. The only problem is decreased visability. As far as an indicator for knowing when its full goes....i've seen guys put a rod that comes out the top with a disk at the bottom that moves up when the hopper is full. Something kina like this. hah

PPS.inc
03-26-2011, 03:54 PM
The leaves would fill up to and around it and not push it up. I dont think that would wrk at all.

makbootzy
03-26-2011, 04:20 PM
Just cut out part of the can and replace with plexiglass

Jelinek61
03-30-2011, 07:54 PM
I've seen it work first hand. It does work better with grass clippings then it does with mostly leaves though