PDA

View Full Version : Kawasaki 23hp Motor Siezed... Any Help?

PerfiCut L&L
09-15-2010, 07:39 PM
We have a yazoo with a 23hp kawasaki motor. 1050 hours, just got it out of the shop this morning after having the ignition coils replaced. Started up and ran good... for about 2 hours. Then apparently the engine shut off and wouldnt start.

Shop says the motor is siezed. I stopped by and it looks that way. Start tries but the crank wont turn. Engine oil is on the low size, just below the ADD mark. Not to mention its black. (Im guessing this is cause)

Is it possible to somehow unseize this thing, and get it running again? Where should I start, aside from topping it off with fresh oil.

Thanks.

Georgia Lawn Works LLC
09-15-2010, 08:05 PM
There is really no telling what is the problem in there untill you take it apart. Once you take it apart you might just be able to get it re-sleeved and rebuilt and be fine. Or you could have broken a rod. Really no way to tell. Let us know when you find out whats up in there.

If it is seized you are not going to be ale to start it back up. And if you try yu will only be making the problem worse.

Restrorob
09-15-2010, 10:49 PM
If it is seized you are not going to be ale to start it back up. And if you try yu will only be making the problem worse.

Bingo ^^^^ Tear-down inspection time.....

BTW,

There's a chance your engine may not have seized had they been smart enough to check/fill with oil BEFORE working on it.....

It's mandatory before anything is cranked where I work, If one doesn't they get to repair/buy the customer a new engine, Not the shop.

piston slapper
09-16-2010, 10:23 AM
Bingo ^^^^ Tear-down inspection time.....

BTW,

There's a chance your engine may not have seized had they been smart enough to check/fill with oil BEFORE working on it.....

It's mandatory before anything is cranked where I work, If one doesn't they get to repair/buy the customer a new engine, Not the shop.

There is definitly some shared blame to go around....I like the way you run your shop...I'm sure your customers do too...