PDA

View Full Version : Stihl FS90 R Issue

MWHC
09-16-2010, 12:28 AM
FS90R Trimmer / Approximately 5 months old. Will run for a few seconds and die. Sometimes get lucky and it will run about 20 seconds with throttle wide open and choked. Have replaced the carb / plug / AF. Did the valve adjustment and initial carb adjustment. Looks like it has spark when I hook the ignition checker to it. I am running out of ideas. Anyone?

The Lawn Ranger CT.
09-16-2010, 01:16 AM
I have the same one....and it sounds like you might have a fuel issue, I am not a big fan of the new gas caps they have now, took me 15 minutes to get mine on once.
But have you tried to run it without the cap on~? also check the fuel line.

hammmerhead
09-16-2010, 04:31 PM
Check for a plugged muffler too. Probably not the issue since its so new, but my some of my Stihl handhelds will plug the arrestor screen or plug the exhaust tip outlet. Just run a screwdriver through the opening and make sure its clear. you may have to pull the muffler to check the internal screen.

MWHC
09-16-2010, 05:08 PM
Thanks for the replies. I think the fuel line was clogged. Blew air through the fuel pickup this afternoon and put it back together (with the old carb). It seemed to work well. Will field test tomorrow.