PDA

View Full Version : Toro Lazer Z Purchase Opinions

Atlantic Lawn
08-10-2002, 10:35 PM
I'm lookin' at a yr 2000 Toro Lazer Z.It has a 25 Kohler Command motor. This is the three wheeled Z that looks alot like a Walker. 750 hrs and a 48"deck. The guy wants 3k for it.Looks clean to me,I just need some other opinions on this year and model.Thanks

LAWNGODFATHER
08-11-2002, 12:11 AM
Not a bad price

Atlantic Lawn
08-11-2002, 07:48 AM
I wasn't sure if Kohler had got there head gasket problems corrected. I've read some posts where the kohlers a few years back had some problems. I also recall that most headaches occured in the first couple hundred hours. Do these Toros bag as well as Walkers?

65hoss
08-11-2002, 07:52 AM
Talk to a couple of shops around that have sold them. My dealer among others had lots of problems with them. I know a few people that had them in the shop much more than they had them working.

If you want something like a Walker, you need to get a Walker. If your going to be handling grass clippings, nothing else is "like" a Walker.

Kent Lawns
08-11-2002, 08:25 AM
The motor is fine.
The mower is junk.

gravedigger5
08-11-2002, 01:41 PM
The motor is fine. The mower is junk. :confused:
Kent Lawns, is this your personal/professional opinion?? I thought there was something in the forum rules about badmouthing a product without justification. Did you own one?? Have issues with it?? Let us know. Sponsers keep this site going. If people badmouth them do you think they will stay ( or new ones join ) If people state what was wrong, maybe the company might get the hint and try to improve them. JMO Marc

Are we Having fun Yet???:gunsfirin

MJB
08-11-2002, 02:08 PM
I agree with Kent Lawns they are junk. I base this on the $9000
I spent on mine in 1999. I already have a Walker and compared to the Walker the Toro quality of cut was terrible. It bags well but try to get the grass out of the catcher is a big headache. Toro built the grasscatcher with a lip all the way around, so it won't dump like the Walker, and the back door bangs you on your head while your trying to dig the grass out. I traded mine off after 400 hrs.
It scalped whenever you hit a bump even at slow speeds.
So check it out real good before buying it. I only got $4500 out of mine with only 400 hrs on it. No dealers even wanted to look at it.

Atlantic Lawn
08-12-2002, 07:00 AM
Thanks guys, does anyone have info on the Kohler 25 ? Were the head problems all behind them with the 2000 models ?

Kent Lawns
08-12-2002, 05:50 PM
2000 Kohlers were fine.

gravedigger,
I'm not going to scan my receipts, print my phone log and tape my dealer discussions to satisfy your documentation needs.
If you had access to dealer service bulitens as I do, you'd understand.

Again,
The motor is fine.
The mower is junk.

summitgroundskeeping
08-13-2002, 01:10 AM
I used to mow this one account and this acounts next door neighbor had that mower and hated it. He said it cut bad, and the deck broke and always had problems (strick homeowner 1.5 acer lot). I don't like Toros for bad experiences, and my dealer won't carry comm. Toros b/c of thier problems.
I'd stay away and get a Walker.