PDA

View Full Version : Redmax trimmer died on me?

MikeKle
09-16-2010, 10:53 AM
My BCZ26 died the other day and will not start now, I was going along trimming fine then the rpms started going up and down and then it stalled, I tried to re-start it and it would start, but the rpms did the same thing and it stalled again, then the next day, I couldnt even get it to start, I looked at the plug and it looks fine, air filter was clean as always, and no blockage in the arrestor screen, There isnt any blockage in the muffler either, so Im not sure what the problem is, a firend suggested maybe a new fuel filter, but this trimmer isnt that old and those filters last awhile from what Ive understand? Anyone got any suggestions on what this could be?

The Lawn Ranger CT.
09-16-2010, 10:06 PM
How long has it been sitting , and how old is the gas~? could be bad gas.
Are you getting spark to the plug~? if so I'm leaning toward a the carb is blocked ,( even though its not that old) I'd take it off , break it down and spray it with some seafoam, some of those jet holes are very small and just a tiny bit of dirt and they dont run right or not at all.

bob
09-17-2010, 10:31 PM
Did you take the muffler off and look at the exhaust port on the engine?

RickyDL77
09-24-2010, 11:27 AM
My BCZ26 died the other day and will not start now, I was going along trimming fine then the rpms started going up and down and then it stalled, I tried to re-start it and it would start, but the rpms did the same thing and it stalled again, then the next day, I couldnt even get it to start, I looked at the plug and it looks fine, air filter was clean as always, and no blockage in the arrestor screen, There isnt any blockage in the muffler either, so Im not sure what the problem is, a firend suggested maybe a new fuel filter, but this trimmer isnt that old and those filters last awhile from what Ive understand? Anyone got any suggestions on what this could be?
is it the BCZ 2601, 2602, 2610? all these carbs used on redmax are very sensitive and offer no adjustments other than idle. start by checking the hoses for leaks or cracks, if they are hard they should be replaced. could also be the fuel filter, the 2610 models also have a fuel pump that can go bad, a little round piece attatched to the back of the carb and has a hose that goes to the insulator..check that hose also if it has it. if these cheap fixes dont help then you can try and clean the carb but you will mostly likely need new gaskets, a rebuild kit is roughly $30 dealer costs, comes with the entire bottom half of the carb except the primer assy. hope this helps

remember that redmax has a 2 year warranty and the coils are warrantied up tp 5 years i beleave.