PDA

View Full Version : This stinks

Jimbo
08-10-2002, 10:39 PM
What do you guys use in your trucks to get the sweat smell out? I sweat alot while working (especially in this heat)- I suppose we all do. I put garbage bags over the seat cushions so they dont get sweaty or dirty, and I try to keep my fore arms off the console etc. I still cant keep the sweat smell out.

I tried dryer sheets under the seat and it worked for a days or so, until I started mowing and got all sweaty again.

Jim

Darryl G
08-10-2002, 10:42 PM
I clean up my hands, arms, face and neck with baby wipes between most accounts and change my shirt once or twice a day. Vinyl seats don't hold sweat.

The Mowerdude
08-10-2002, 10:51 PM
I'm not saying that this will get the sweat smell out but, a banana peel under the seat will definately change things for the better. Just change the banana peel regularly.

It's no joke. It's an old hot rodder's trick.

Tony Harrell
08-10-2002, 11:13 PM
Try Fabreze "Safely eliminates odor on fabrics". Works on my LazyBoy.

TFL
08-10-2002, 11:25 PM
Go with Febreeze automotive i think that is what it is called workes great. I use it once a week when i clean up my trucks.

Sammy
08-11-2002, 01:51 AM
A bag of Captian Black Gold pipe tobacca on dash. Will last for months. :cool:

ADLAWNCUTTERS
08-11-2002, 05:50 AM
do what i do .ask your wife for an old bed sheet ,it works great also keeps the clippings in place for easy clean up.of course change the sheet every couple of days.

sheppard
08-11-2002, 08:59 AM
I picked up a seat cover from Cabela's catalog. Best thing out there in my opinion- cost about 30 bucks if I remember right. Secondly I smoke a pipe. It really gets the sweat smell gone. If you don't want to start smoking a pipe (why NOT?), try getting a air unit from Alpine Industries. They sell fro about a hundred bucks for a car unit. Runs of the lighter fixture. Last thing I use is cedar planks pushed under the floor boards. Scuff them with sand paper once a year and they will last for a long time.

Cordially,
Sheppard

Bob Minney
08-11-2002, 10:56 AM
We have a big mint patch in our herb garden.
I cut some 1 or 2 X a week and keep it in a mesh bag hanging on the dash. Just squeeze it a few times to reactivate it. If its wet out a little on the floor mats helps the musty smell also.
Truck smells like a chewing gum factory but much more pleasant than the alternative.
Also
I get those wove fabric seat covers and replace every winter.

TurfGuyTX
08-12-2002, 01:08 AM
I'd have to agree with using Febreze. Other than that, I'd also recommend more frequent vacuuming will help.

The Mowerdude
08-12-2002, 02:14 AM
You can use this idea in conjuction with Bob Minney's idea. He says he uses mint leaves. Here in the South we make Mint Juleps. You take a few mint leaves and crush them up and rub them all over the inside of a glass. Then you fill with bourbon and sugar to taste. Serve it over ice and you won't care what the inside of your truck smells like. :dizzy: Although, you might want to enjoy it all without leaving the driveway, because as we all know, you should never drink and drive. You might hit a bump and spill your drink. :D

Bob Minney
08-12-2002, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by The Mowerdude
You can use this idea in conjuction with Bob Minney's idea. He says he uses mint leaves. Here in the South we make Mint Juleps. You take a few mint leaves and crush them up and rub them all over the inside of a glass. Then you fill with bourbon and sugar to taste. Serve it over ice and you won't care what the inside of your truck smells like. :dizzy: Although, you might want to enjoy it all without leaving the driveway, because as we all know, you should never drink and drive. You might hit a bump and spill your drink. :D

The missing ingredient, I'm always forgeting something.

Runner
08-12-2002, 11:51 AM
Febreeze works well, as does baking soda before you vacuum, but to actually eliminate the odors, it is best to kill the germs and fungus that is causing the odors. I mix Lysol and water in a spray bottle, and lightly mist the interior once in awhile. This works great indoors if you have pet odors, too.;)

m&m
08-12-2002, 12:39 PM
i normally do baking soda and let it sit over night and vacuum the next morning......works ok for me...........but i like the lysol idea..............good thinking

MJStrain
08-12-2002, 01:11 PM
A few hard boiled eggs, a couple bowls of Wendy's chili and a couple of brews will have you tooting so bad you'll wish you COULD smell a little BO...:D

The Mowerdude
08-12-2002, 11:05 PM
:laugh:

MJStrain....that was good. I laughed my tail off!!

Jimbo
08-13-2002, 12:39 AM
I would like to thank everyone for the great ideas thus far. I will try several...but not the hard boiled eggs one.

Jim

awm
08-13-2002, 03:26 PM
the inside of my truck smells like a working man. im gonna catch him in it one day an,we gonna have wds.:D

MOW ED
08-13-2002, 08:45 PM
Love it.
Its the smell of hard work and success.

Don't mess with a good thing.