PDA

View Full Version : Front mounting leaf loaders

Barrett Landscaping
09-16-2010, 10:14 PM
Does anybody know if this is legal in Ohio? I live in the Cincinnati area if that makes a difference. Also, for those that do have their rig set like this does the tube of the loader ever get in the way with driving. Please tell me the pros and cons of this setup.

Bunton Guy
09-16-2010, 10:19 PM
How so when you say front mount? I've got mine mounted on the front of my dump trailer. It just made more sense to me that I didn't have to worry about the extra weight on the back door of the trailer. It does however make the rear of the trailer tail heavy so it will sway side to side going 65mph+ on the highway with a wet load of leaves....might re-think this years setup

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=128074

Barrett Landscaping
09-16-2010, 10:23 PM
sorry for the confusion. I mean to the front of my f250. I have seen guys mainly in the New England area doing this. They make front hitch kits for most trucks. Just want to be able to use my rear hitch and be more efficient.

Bunton Guy
09-23-2010, 07:44 PM
Wouldn't it be easier to find a way to mount it off the back of the dump somehow? Weld brackets off the back door?

LawnScapers of Dayton
09-23-2010, 09:00 PM
I have been running my Billy Goat loader on my plow mount for 4 years..... I works great....it gives me great reach and access to nose into huge piles....there is a pic on my rig in the "Building a leaf box" thread that is currently active........

I have never gotten a look from a police officer.....

LawnScapers of Dayton
09-23-2010, 09:03 PM
Barrett I just realized that is the thread u started

Barrett Landscaping
09-23-2010, 09:38 PM
thaks for the response DRM, i hav e decided to mount my loader onto a small trailer and cart it around that way. It just seems that the 18hp goat that i got is too bulky for the front. Best of luck.:usflag:

CTmower
09-24-2010, 02:32 PM
Barrett,
If this helps at all I just mounted my 2010 Billy Goat 18hp loader onto the front of my F250. Bought a front mount receiver which was pretty easy to mount, then had a custom bracket made to go into the receiver. I wrap the intake hose around the loader and secure it with a bungy cord and it in no way effects my vision. Trust me, if a big green machine mounted to the front of my truck dosent block my vision then I dont think a clear tube is gonna do any worse.

Barrett Landscaping
09-24-2010, 03:59 PM
CT, i guess to every man his own... I may do it that way next year, but for now ill stick with the trailer idea. thanks for your input.