PDA

View Full Version : Super Z vs. Dixie Chopper

PLS-Tx
09-17-2010, 12:05 AM
We have been running Dixie Chopper's for several years but unfortunately we are having major dealer problems. As in everything we take to them comes back with the same problem and sometimes a new problem that they have caused. I'm not talking about an isolated issue, this has been ongoing for many months.

We have decided it's time to make a change, as much as I hate change. :laugh:

Anyway, we have never owned a Hustler and know very little about them. From what I have learned it seems the Super Z is similar to the Dixie Chopper's we are using.

Our Dixie's have 33hp, 60" deck and 15mph ground speed. We have added the flex forks and Michigan Suspicion seat for a much improved ride.

I did get a price from a local dealer for $9500 for a Super Z. I was told they did not have a demo but would check with the rep and get back with me, this was about 2 weeks ago, I haven't hear from them.

What can you guys tell me about the Super Z?

Thanks

mowerconsultant
09-22-2010, 04:29 PM
If you can email me your information and your dealers information I can talk to the sales manager over Texas and find out about the demo.

Pj

cbkc
09-25-2010, 03:28 AM
Get the new model!!!

PLS-Tx
09-26-2010, 10:46 PM
If you can email me your information and your dealers information I can talk to the sales manager over Texas and find out about the demo.

Pj

Thanks, but I have already bought another brand. Would have been nice if that dealer would have called me back.

rcslawncare
09-29-2010, 12:45 AM
What did you end up going with?? Hate when dealers don't respond...

gps_jetskier
09-29-2010, 03:47 PM
Can't sell em if you don't talk to people...

PLS-Tx
09-29-2010, 11:59 PM
What did you end up going with?? Hate when dealers don't respond...

I don't think it would be proper for me to talk about other brands here.

I wish we had more good dealers of any brand around here, but they are few and far between. My son wants us to open one, he is only 15 maybe someday.

mowerconsultant
09-30-2010, 02:54 PM
I don't think it would be proper for me to talk about other brands here.

I wish we had more good dealers of any brand around here, but they are few and far between. My son wants us to open one, he is only 15 maybe someday.

Please let us know, its ok, I am sorry we couldn’t get you into a Hustler, next time.... :drinkup:

PLS-Tx
10-01-2010, 11:05 PM
Please let us know, its ok, I am sorry we couldn’t get you into a Hustler, next time.... :drinkup:

Oh ok then, we bought a Ferris is2000, so far so good. We sold both our Dixie Chopper's this week, both "07's with a little over 1k hours, we were able to get 5k each.

I have never been to the local Hustler dealer, I only know of one, but for some reason there are not very many good dealers around here. We liked our Dixie's, had 5 of them through the years, it was the dealer we were having problems with. They have always had a hard time keeping mechanics, time after time we have picked up equipment that they worked on only to turn around and bring it back because it wasn't fixed. I finally had all I could take, I have talked to other lco's that have the same problem with them.

The Ferris dealer is actually a rental shop, they have sold Snapper and Stihl for years and now Ferris. One good thing is their mechanic has been there for 13 years. Time will tell but I think they will take care of us.