PDA

View Full Version : Chemlawn trailer looses load

bob
08-10-2002, 11:26 PM
My daughter works in the local Chemlawn office. She said that on Friday,one of their trucks lost it's spray trailer, and it flipped, spilling a couple a hundred gallons of chemical. It seems that the night before, someone started to hook the trailer to the truck and didn't finish the job. The next day, the driver just assumed it was properly attached. After the accident, the driver tried to contain the spill, but the 23-year-old fire chief told him to stop because he was tampering with evidence. DENREC reemed out the fire chief for telling the driver to stop cleaning up and allowing the chemical to enter a storm drain. The fine will be less than normal because of the fire chiefs bad judgment.

stslawncare
08-11-2002, 12:30 AM
where about was this bob? what was the chemical?

John DiMartino
08-11-2002, 08:50 AM
I hate these storys,chemical spills that are avoidable,due to sheer stupidity.I never ever trust anyone but myself to attach any trailer,let alone one with chemicals in it.It takes 30 seconds to fully check the coupler,saftey chains,brakeway,and the pins to be sure they are on,I would worry about it driving if i didnt check it first.

Hoosier Mower
08-11-2002, 10:32 AM
now that would ruin your day!!

bob
08-11-2002, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by stslawncare
where about was this bob? what was the chemical?

I'd rather not say.

MSYardman
08-11-2002, 05:46 PM
The driver is responsible to make sure the trailer is properly connected. Also, the doors are shut and anything else that has to do with the truck &/or trailer.

anthony
08-11-2002, 09:10 PM
i hate to here storys like this. with todays fast pace it could happen to any of us....
i herd about this yesterday

i am going to cut and paste this post on the pesticide,applicator forum
anthony

Runner
08-11-2002, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by bob

I'd rather not say.

I don't understand. What would be the big deal. It's not this stuff wouldn't be made public information through the municipalities, anyway.:rolleyes:

bob
08-11-2002, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by Runner

I don't understand. What would be the big deal. It's not this stuff wouldn't be made public information through the municipalities, anyway.:rolleyes:

I don't want anything comming back on to my daughter. If you want to find out more info, you'll have to go through the channels to get it. I don't think that the part about the 23-year-old fire chief getting reemed out would be on any report.

SIG
08-12-2002, 08:21 AM
23 Year Old Fire Chief? No offense, a little young for a chief, even if he is a volunteer! Or should I say especially if he is a volunteer!