PDA

View Full Version : Modified TrimmerTrap Blower Rack

PlantscapeSolutions
09-19-2010, 12:30 AM
I didn't like the idea of all the blower weight being supported by the handle of the blower while it's in a rack. I also wanted it to be very quick and easy to get blowers in and out of the trailer.

I took an open trailer TrimmerTrap rack and shortened the hook by about half. I created a shelf to support most of the blowers weight. I used the bracket intended for mounting the rack as a blower tube holder instead. The bracket holds the tubes neatly out of the way without having to use any straps.

grasshog08
09-19-2010, 10:54 AM
looks good

flatlander42
09-19-2010, 11:16 AM
Don't you worry about hitting a bump? That is a good idea to support the enitre weight of the blower! I'd suggest a bungie cord for long trips maybe?

PlantscapeSolutions
09-19-2010, 04:59 PM
Don't you worry about hitting a bump? That is a good idea to support the enitre weight of the blower! I'd suggest a bungie cord for long trips maybe?

The hook lip is just tall enough that it won't fall off. Before the hook was too tall and it was a pain in the back side to get the blowers on and off. If you can come up with an idea that even saves a few minutes a day per worker it adds up over a mowing season. Efficiency is so important when you have multiple employee's.

igotdiesel2
09-19-2010, 06:08 PM
Nice looking set up there Plants. Is there any way you could take some pictures without the blowers? I am trying to design a blower hook and need ideas. Thanks. -Jason

flatlander42
09-19-2010, 10:34 PM
The hook lip is just tall enough that it won't fall off. Before the hook was too tall and it was a pain in the back side to get the blowers on and off. If you can come up with an idea that even saves a few minutes a day per worker it adds up over a mowing season. Efficiency is so important when you have multiple employee's.

Not only is it important to save time with employees, but when you are solo like me it is also important!

It just seemed to me like they may be on the floor if you hit a curb turning to sharp, or some rough tracks. Sounds like you have it covered.