PDA

View Full Version : Help with kohler engine??????

KENNY DEAN
09-19-2010, 08:37 PM
Most of the time my kohler 25 hp engine will start fine and mow first location. The next time i go to start it might or might not and so on throughout the day. I have changed fuel lines, drained tanks, checked plug for fire. I went out today and cut it off and restarted it 4 times. this evening i started it once and then it would not restart anymore. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.:dizzy:

dutch1
09-19-2010, 08:51 PM
You may want to check to see if the choke butterfly is closing as it should when you engage the choke.

The Lawn Ranger CT.
09-19-2010, 09:14 PM
Are you checking for spark when it is acting up~?
Also when it won't start...hit it with some starter fluid in the carb, if she fires then you can lean toward a fuel issue rather than spark.

KENNY DEAN
09-19-2010, 09:40 PM
I just went out there and tried it again. no luck. Right now it will run alright on choke for a minute or so and when u release the choke it cuts off. I will check the butterfly in the morning. makes sense maybe that will be it.

Restrorob
09-19-2010, 10:52 PM
Sounds like a possible fuel cut-off solenoid issue, Either sticking (trash) or dropping power. May just need a good carb cleaning....