PDA

View Full Version : Mower Attachments

LAWNGODFATHER
08-11-2002, 03:59 PM
I have always though of the attachments when buying a mower.

I think that when you buy one you should see what is available for the mower in add-ons to make you more money. Multi functional is the way to go.

My ZTR's have;

Peco Vac: for removing leaves only

Tow Aerator

Sprayer/Spreader: only on one

JRCO tine rake soon

What else do you use your mower for other than cutting grass?

FrankenScagMachines
08-11-2002, 05:02 PM
Pulling a dump cart, lawn sweeper (brush type), roller, dragging things around the house, "spotting" trailers, etc. Snowplowing, light grading and leveling/smoothing. Or if you have a garden tractor, the possibilities are endless as you can get an attachment for almost anything for those.

mdb landscaping
08-11-2002, 05:25 PM
i have a JRCO leaf plow that saves me a ton of time. i cant imagine not having one now.

rvsuper
08-11-2002, 05:57 PM
I have a spreader and a sprayer for my F-725. I used to have a pull-behind aerator, but I didn't use it that much so I sold it and now the days that I aerate, I rent one instead.

bob
08-11-2002, 06:09 PM
I've got a bagger and a 48" dozer blade for my Grasshoppers. I'd like to get a 60" blade in the future.

wriken
08-11-2002, 10:21 PM
On the Tank, I have a leaf plow, and I made a Dethatcher to be put on the mounting system for the plow. Was thinking about getting the hooker aerator, but have not heard many good thing on them. Oh almost forgot I have the vacumn system for leaves only. Its similar to the peco setup.

rodfather
08-12-2002, 02:57 PM
Hey LGF

I used one of my Toro Groundsmaster to pull my truck once when I accidently left the lights on and killed the batteries. We couldn't believe that it was that strong enough to pull and jump-start it.

m&m
08-12-2002, 06:10 PM
are we talking snow plows and such for a ztr rider?

vacuums i can see and spreaders and so on.....i have spreader and aerator(plugger), thatcher for my ztr...

aint heard of no snowp plow unless bush hog is talking bout for his tractor

LAWNGODFATHER
08-12-2002, 07:31 PM
Dixie Chopper makes a SNOW PLOW for their mower.

LS member beck has one I have played with it.

walker-talker
08-12-2002, 11:23 PM
I had a buddy dump a load of compost in my back yard. Used the front deck of my Walker to spread out. Work damn good until I got high centered. Had to pull out with pickup truck.....does that count???

MATT

LAWNGODFATHER
08-12-2002, 11:43 PM
It can count just for you.:D

I drop the deck on the Lazer to spread out mole mounds prior to aerating.

Art Stubbs handy 58
08-13-2002, 12:10 AM
I have snow throwers and parking lot sweeper set up no my John Deeres... Im getting a new Kubota soon with same attachments. And looking this spring to add a dozer blade for the Kubota.....

Flex-Deck
08-13-2002, 10:30 PM
You can have the Flex-Deck Attachment if you buy a Dixie Chopper ZTR or a JD tractor, or larger frontmount, or an eXmark WB.

see our sponsor forum and web site.

Thanks, Brad

wriken
08-13-2002, 10:55 PM
Cub has a 54" blade that can be used for light dozer work and snowplowing. It goes on there tanks.

cantoo
08-13-2002, 11:29 PM
wriken, do you have a Tank? I have the MTD Pro Z and have been looking for a good Dealer in Michigan, not happy with the ones I have been to so far. Where are you located, I travel all over Michigan?

wriken
08-13-2002, 11:41 PM
cantoo

Yes I have the M-60, 2001. I pretty much have all Cub or MTD equipment. The dealer I do all my business with is located in Coleman, Mi. called Gene's Truck Sales. They got # 1 dealer for all of the Cub Comm. dealers, To be a Cub Comm dealer you have to have a certain $ amount of parts and equipment. Call them and ask for Greg at 1-800-404-1521 and tell them Bernie sent you.

cantoo
08-14-2002, 12:11 AM
Thanks, wriken I'm heading to Flint and Detroit tomorrow but will likely have a trip North in a few weeks I'll check them out.
We run a Walker GHS and the MTD for everyday use. We do some large and small residential, some ball diamonds and soccer fields. The MTD fits in good with the Walker.