PDA

View Full Version : Damage to down spouts

colnago
09-20-2010, 03:38 PM
My men are damaging down spouts at a condo location with weed whips. It's not really bad, but residents complain and now its on the boards watch list.

I am looking for a sleeve that I could slid over the down spouts to protect the ends. NOT plastic or vinyl. Steel?

Any suggestions? I have looked but haven't found anything.

Thanks.

Also, please don't post a response like "tell your guys to be more careful". I've done that and they are.

scagrider22
09-20-2010, 03:48 PM
My men are damaging down spouts at a condo location with weed whips. It's not really bad, but residents complain and now its on the boards watch list.

I am looking for a sleeve that I could slid over the down spouts to protect the ends. NOT plastic or vinyl. Steel?

Any suggestions? I have looked but haven't found anything.

Thanks.

Also, please don't post a response like "tell your guys to be more careful". I've done that and they are.

Haha whats a "weed whip" is that something you do when the weeds are being bad? :laugh:

kilgoja
09-20-2010, 04:22 PM
never heard of a weed whip...try using a trimmer

MarcSmith
09-20-2010, 04:31 PM
1. if the guys were being careful, then you would not be having this problem. Its not hard to lift the down spout with your toe trim around under it, and then move on. They are being lazy and not focusing on the detail. I'm sure if you failed to focus on the detail of paying them correctly...

2. replace the damaged down spouts.
3. maybe some sort of incentive program. no complaints on broken downspouts, and no one looses their job...

this is an example of one guy failing will HURT YOUR BUSINESS

ajslands
09-20-2010, 05:08 PM
They make these clips, where it folds up and it'll clip on the down spout on the house. Also it's called a trimmer, and if you don't want to buy something then get new employees!
Posted via Mobile Device