PDA

View Full Version : What's a Z Trimmer? Watch It In Action

PecoVacs
09-20-2010, 09:32 PM
We receive many questions about the Peco Z Trimmer. Check out a quick video to see how it works.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJOB0g5B-zk

Visit us on the web: www.lawnvac.com or give us a call 1-800-438-5823 to order.

RayLJ1104
09-21-2010, 12:55 AM
Can this unit be installed on a W/B if it has a dedicated battery, or will it draw too much power without a charging system. Also, will the handle still be operable?

PecoVacs
09-21-2010, 03:57 PM
The Z Ttrimmer can be mounted on any surface that would accomodate the mounting plate. It is designed to be connected directly to your battery, but we can't speak for the capabilities of the charging systems on walk behind mowers. A good rule of thumb when you are not sure about your battery life is to trim in short sections. Another words, trim around a tree, shut it off, drive to the next tree, turn it on. It is not designed to run continuously. Trim what you have to trim, then shut it off. The Z Trimmer does have a breaker switch in the handle and a load meter on the frame. You can watch the meter to make sure you don't overload the motor. The breaker trips if overloaded and you will just have to turn the switch back on to restart.

Mike's LawnCare Landscape
09-21-2010, 07:41 PM
Are you guys out of Arden, NC ???

Mowingman
09-21-2010, 08:12 PM
It might be handy along a long fence line. However, I can trim a lot faster by hand ,than they are trimming in that video. Also, the operator will have to stop pretty often to replace trimmer line, as it is not "tap and go" as far as I can tell.
Nice gimick, but not practical in most applications.
In what applications do you, the manufacturer, see this as being an advantage over a man on foot, trimming with a typical string trimmer?

RayLJ1104
09-21-2010, 11:39 PM
It might be handy along a long fence line. However, I can trim a lot faster by hand ,than they are trimming in that video. Also, the operator will have to stop pretty often to replace trimmer line, as it is not "tap and go" as far as I can tell.
Nice gimick, but not practical in most applications.
In what applications do you, the manufacturer, see this as being an advantage over a man on foot, trimming with a typical string trimmer?

You know I was thinking the same thing. However, I have a couple of accounts that have hundreds of feet of fence lines. Thats were I was thinking it would be nice...although when I went to the site, the manual said it should be used at 1 mph!!! Whats up with that?

If for some reason I misread or if this number is misleading I would like to know.

PecoVacs
09-22-2010, 07:45 AM
Are you guys out of Arden, NC ???

Yes, Mike, we are in Arden.

PecoVacs
09-22-2010, 07:58 AM
The Z Trimmer is not designed to replace a typical hand held trimmer or edger. Nor, is it designed to trim at mowing speed. It is an accessory that was designed to save some time while on the job. It works great in cemeteries, parks, fence lines, etc. Leave the blades of the mower on and trim while you mow. Just as most LCO's don't have one tool on their trailer to do the whole job, this is a tool that works great for many businesses.

Depending on the conditions and density of the grass to be trimmed, the Z Trimmer can operate at a faster ground speed.

Changing the line is simple. While on the seat of the mower, lift the handle to return the Z Trimmer to transport position (MAKE SURE THE Z TRIMMER IS TURNED OFF). Pull the spent line out of the fixed head and replace with the line that is supplied with the Z Trimmer or use your own(.105). Return the Z Trimmer to trim position and continue. You can do this in a minute or less.

grassman177
10-16-2010, 11:52 PM
pretty neat contraption really, but is it adjustable for different heights?

PecoVacs
10-17-2010, 09:43 PM
Yes. It is fully adjustable.

carl b
10-17-2010, 09:49 PM
whats a ball park price tag ?

PecoVacs
10-17-2010, 10:06 PM
MSRP is $260. Check with your favorite dealer or if your not able to get it there, give us a call. 1-800-438-5823

carl b
10-20-2010, 09:25 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

grassman1973
11-07-2010, 01:40 AM
nice idea too much time in adding line stop and go stop and go also were the hell is the guard, work safe would be all over me for using something like that and goodbye windows
nice idea but a waste of money

BINKY1902
02-08-2011, 08:58 PM
I'm getting one of these. This thing could save me some time on my 3+ acre properties. I have one that's 8 acres and it kills me trimming around the fence line. For $260 I'll give it a shot.

Gravelyftw
02-08-2011, 09:52 PM
yeah i think this would be more trouble then its worth

ReddensLawnCare
02-08-2011, 10:11 PM
to the rep...whats to keep debris from coming up and hitting the operator or bystanders? It seems very exposed

MJB
05-06-2011, 12:57 AM
I'm getting one of these. This thing could save me some time on my 3+ acre properties. I have one that's 8 acres and it kills me trimming around the fence line. For $260 I'll give it a shot.

Binky Have you tried one out yet? How about an update.

PecoVacs
05-06-2011, 10:09 AM
There is not a shield on it. We do not recommend using any lawn equipment within close proximity to people or easily damaged property. A shield would reduce visibility and not allow you to get close to what you intend to trim or edge.

PecoVacs
05-06-2011, 10:14 AM
As a reminder, the Z Trimmer is not intended nor designed for heavy duty trimming. It is designed to save you time while you are on your mower. Trim the outside cut and around trees when you start mowing the property, then shut it off and finish cutting the area. Trim the long fence line, then shut it off and finish mowing that area. We DO NOT infer that the Z Trimmer will replace or is meant to be a replacement for your hand held gas trimmer. It is intended to be a time saver tool just like your stick edger, your hedge trimmer, your blower, etc. Those tools are meant to do one thing as well.

MJB
05-06-2011, 10:47 AM
As a reminder, the Z Trimmer is not intended nor designed for heavy duty trimming. It is designed to save you time while you are on your mower. Trim the outside cut and around trees when you start mowing the property, then shut it off and finish cutting the area. Trim the long fence line, then shut it off and finish mowing that area. We DO NOT infer that the Z Trimmer will replace or is meant to be a replacement for your hand held gas trimmer. It is intended to be a time saver tool just like your stick edger, your hedge trimmer, your blower, etc. Those tools are meant to do one thing as well.

What is the lifetime expectation of the motor under normal use as stated above?

Mark Oomkes
05-06-2011, 11:48 AM
Why has the video been removed?

PecoVacs
05-06-2011, 12:04 PM
Sorry, here ya go.

http://youtu.be/kaQxMcL6mg0

PecoVacs
05-06-2011, 12:05 PM
And our official video catalog Z Trimmer Video:

http://youtu.be/tfQZcWQY4Zc

XYZLawnPros
06-16-2011, 11:12 PM
Is this idea loosely based on an attachment made to use with
a Mercedes Unimog?

Jimslawncareservice
06-22-2011, 10:10 AM
has any one purchased one? looks interesting

DIXIECONTRACTING
06-23-2011, 12:58 PM
That is one of the dumbest things I have ever seen.

THEGOLDPRO
06-23-2011, 01:08 PM
I have to agree it looks like a terrible waste of time, i can get closer with the deck in most cases then this thing did.

PecoVacs
07-07-2011, 12:03 AM
It's a tool that many customers have said works well for their application. You may not have a need for it, but it does work well when used where needed.

MJB
07-07-2011, 12:11 AM
That is one of the dumbest things I have ever seen.

Ever trim a mile of fenceline? You might change your mind about this one.
I like the 3M one a little better but each have a purpose if used correctly.

PecoVacs
07-07-2011, 12:15 AM
Actually, that is a perfect application. Horse farmers love the Z Trimmer for that purpose. Like you said, miles of fence.

gmjlyons
08-21-2011, 09:03 PM
Has anyone tried this in a cemetary? I spend about two days trimming and would like to cut down on that time.

PecoVacs
08-23-2011, 07:43 AM
We have many customers that have bought the Z Trimmer specifically for a cemetery application. The spring loaded break-away feature prevents headstone damage and allows easy operator control from the seat. Beat the September 1st price increase and order one today!

PecoVacs
09-15-2011, 03:24 PM
The PECO Z-Trimmer also works great as an edger for sidewalks and bed lines!

WLC26
09-15-2011, 10:57 PM
I tried emailling you guys about the z trimmer but never got a response. Im in canada and assume you wont sell to canada.

PecoVacs
09-16-2011, 08:16 AM
Sorry about that....not sure what happened. Yes, we do sell to Canada. Check with your local power equipment dealer first, they can order it for you. If you don't have luck there, give us a call. We sell at the same price they do. 1-800-438-5823.

Scott Heseltine

Sales and Marketing Manager
New PECO, Inc.