PDA

View Full Version : Magna Matic 9000

PlantscapeSolutions
09-21-2010, 01:50 PM
I like to hear from anyone who has been using the Magna Matic 9000 to sharpen the curved style mulching blades. The thing cost some bucks but it may be worth it. I currently use a heavy duty 7" hand held grinder with Saitech grinding wheels. I get the Saitech mail order for about nine bucks but it still ads up.

I know large bench mounted type grinding wheels usually last forever. It would likely pay for it's self in less than two years.

Magna-Matic
09-22-2010, 10:05 AM
Hello PlantscapeSolutions

Perhaps it was just a typo, but to clarify the MAG-8000 is the unit that will do curved edge mulching blades - the MAG-9000 will only do conventional blades.

The MAG-8000 comes with two grinding wheels - one 1/2" wide for going over the curves of mulching blades - one 1" wide for conventional blades. The 1" wide wheel will yield approx. 100-300 blades, naturally the 1/2" wide will do half that being half the material.

We use a 1/2" wide wheel because it is able to get up and down the curves and maintain the same angle along the length of the cutting edge with one even finish. Whereas with free hand methods (bench grinders and angle grinders) you get a more chopped finish or many varying angles along the length of the edge.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Thank you,

PlantscapeSolutions
09-22-2010, 03:42 PM
Hello Gerald,

I appreciate your feedback.

Thanks,
David