PDA

View Full Version : billy goat blower flywheel removal

wahlturfcare
09-21-2010, 03:28 PM
I have a briggs 8hp motor on a billygoat blower that for the life of me I cant get the 3 bolt plate(slips over the crankshaft) that holds the flywheel on inside the blower housing off the crank shaft. I have the bolt off of the crank and have even tapped the bracket with a hammer and it still wont come off.
behind it is the bolts that hold the housing to the motor.
Any ideas?

dutch1
09-21-2010, 04:25 PM
Is there a threaded nut welded to hub where you removed the retaining bolt? If there is you will need a grade 8 full thread bolt of that size to thread into the nut that will push the rotor hub off the crankshaft. The bolt should be an inch or so longer than the hub. I'm not sure that this is the case with BG but as I recall it is.

wahlturfcare
09-21-2010, 04:32 PM
here is a pic of the hub. which way do i want to turn the bolt in the hub?

dutch1
09-21-2010, 09:31 PM
That's unlike any configuration of BG I've seen, must be an oldie. Is there any model designation on the frame? Nevertheless, I haven't ran across any of the nuts that are not right hand thread.

themowerman
09-23-2010, 04:21 PM
Looks like your impeller assy has disintegrated....gone...caput....What you see left there in the picture is the center hub of the impeller. That entire hub assy should pull off the engine crankshaft. There was at one time a bolt and washer assy that held the impeller onto the crankshaft. Looks like it also is gone. Sometimes these are a real bear to pull off of shaft.

wahlturfcare
09-23-2010, 05:25 PM
mine has the plastic impeller blades that bolt right to the 3 holes on this one.

the model of mine is QB883h and serial is 061697011

dutch1
09-23-2010, 06:18 PM
Following is a link to a BG QB883H.

http://www.billygoat.com/data/Products/24/manuals/430258f042099a.pdf

Note that it does not show a composite impeller nor does it show the retaining hub your pictures show. I worked on a number of QB models up until 2003 and I never saw one with the composite impeller. If you are not the original owner, I'd suspect that someone tried to convert it. If you have questions, consult
www.billygoat.com .