PDA

View Full Version : madna matic 9000

odin
08-11-2002, 07:09 PM
I finally got a chance to sharpern some blades myself with this machine an i absolutely love it .
Gets a good angle and i love the base you sit the blade on .
First class product

LAWNGODFATHER
08-11-2002, 07:23 PM
Yeah that poly whatever stuff keeps your blades from sticking to the sufface of the sharpener when they heat up.

I will get one next season.

Anyone use the grit collector/vac part on theirs?

TurfGuyTX
08-12-2002, 12:46 AM
How difficult is it for someone with little sharpening experience? I've been giving alot of thought to them. I wish there that they had a demo video.

Wendell
08-12-2002, 09:32 AM
The only prior sharpening experience I had was with a hand file and I had no trouble with the Magna Matic. The front corner of the blade platform is cut off to act as a guide for the correct angle to feed the blade into the wheel. I use my left thumb to sort of hold the blade at that angle and feed with the other hand. I was surpised at how much metal needed to be removed on brand new blades to get an edge on them.
This thing is definitely in the "glad I bought it" catagory.

WLLD
08-12-2002, 09:55 PM
Lawngodfather,
I have the vac collector on my Magna Matic. It works relatively well - I think that it would work better if I had a stronger vacuum. It does miss some of the heavier media. It is definately better that not having the collector - my bench grinder used to make a mess.
Shayne

TurfGuyTX
08-14-2002, 07:39 PM
Thanks Wendell, I'll keep that information in mind.