PDA

View Full Version : Lighting Automation?

nikster78
09-21-2010, 05:41 PM
The company i was recently employed by stood by their lighting automation. However i beg to differ on the price gouging. A huge markup which to me seemed unnecessary. I like the UPB and have researched some info on the Simply automated equipment. What i am loking for is some pros and cons to this equipment versus what some of you prefer. I am self taught on the UPB stuff and have found many advantages, however as the military may say there needs to be a standard operating procedure "SOP" . What are some of your experiences?

RLDesign
09-22-2010, 09:38 AM
Hello,

Please search UPB: ABT Zone Control, Simply Automated, Insteon, Controlscapes, RadioRa2, or others to find something on this forum. I learned alot by reading old threads here and on lowvolt.org.

Hope this helps. I know the technology has changed since I read those threads, but right now I am all SAI (outside) and Lutron Ra2 (inside).

Good luck and call my cell with questions. 609-468-8488

Best regards,

Tanek

RLI Electric
09-22-2010, 05:04 PM
Radio RA2 now has an app for the iphone and ipod touch. Touch a button and the shades open and the lights come on outside. Of course I want to rip out my RA classic and replace it. Not happy with Lutron for that stupid situation of not allowing them to synch with one another

RLDesign
09-23-2010, 08:49 AM
Radio RA2 now has an app for the iphone and ipod touch. Touch a button and the shades open and the lights come on outside. Of course I want to rip out my RA classic and replace it. Not happy with Lutron for that stupid situation of not allowing them to synch with one another

Hello Bob,

I have not used classic, but completely see your point. It was a definite point that many contractors have had.

Talk soon.

Tanek