PDA

View Full Version : Quack grass in new sod??? Questions???

Kidder
09-21-2010, 05:42 PM
I just did a soil and sod job where I installed about 50 yards of top soil and about 3000 square feet of sod. After about a month the customer calls me back and said that the sod is full of quack grass. I went to inspect the job and see that there is a large amount of quack grass and it appears to be straw like. What can I do as a contractor to fix this problem. I have heard about people putting roundup on the blades of the quack and overseeding the lawn. As a contractor what should I do? Even though the material supplied to me seems to be the problem. BTW I have determined that it is the soil and not the sod because I used some sod for home it my yard turned out perfect.

procut
09-21-2010, 07:36 PM
There is no selective that will get rid of quak grass. I guess some type of roud-up/gly would be your only option. Definatly an unfortuneate situation.

DeereHauler
09-21-2010, 10:12 PM
There is no selective that will get rid of quak grass. I guess some type of roud-up/gly would be your only option. Definatly an unfortuneate situation.

1800 posts and you can't spell licensed correctly?

AGLA
09-22-2010, 07:08 AM
Are you sure that it is quack grass?

White Gardens
09-22-2010, 04:47 PM
Are you sure that it is quack grass?

Agreed.

I have one property I maintain that is nothing but quack grass. The only real dead give away was the rhizome runners I kept coming across when digging. Otherwise it just seemed like a weedy grass in the beds and the lawn looked like a naturalized lawn.