PDA

View Full Version : 96 explorer

lawnboy87
08-11-2002, 08:24 PM
Is there a cat back dual pipe system available for a 1996 ford explorer sport with the 4.0 liter OHV V-6

Albemarle Lawn
08-12-2002, 12:04 AM
God I hate Ford.

Just saw a Lincoln Blackwood "truck" today. What a sick looking piece of Ford junk.

Sell that Explorer before the expensive repairs start happening.

Brickman
08-14-2002, 02:02 AM
Albemarle go jump in the lake. :D At least Ford does not make some thing so stupid looking as the Avelanche, Aztec and the new GMC pickups for 2003 EEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWW.

The Caddy pickup looks just as STUPID as the Blackwood.

Albemarle Lawn
08-14-2002, 02:41 PM
I agree with you on all the GM models listed. I could even add more: The tired old Grand Am, the sickly Seville, etc.

But when it comes to trucks the Chevys GASOLINE trucks ride, drive, and hold up better based on my experience, given the same maintenance.

Yes I agree the Powerstoke is better than the 6.5- WAY better.

I love the new Duramax, proof will be whether it holds up in the long run.

IMO the ultimate truck would be a Chevy with a Cummins or Cat diesel and Allison trans.

Not all Fords are junk, but God I hate Ford JUNK like the 90-98 Explorer. Pure Junk.

I like the 99-03 F250, 350, 450, 550 trucks- NOT JUNK.

KB

Brickman
08-14-2002, 03:13 PM
I expect in the long run the Duramax to be about the same reliability as the PS. Some work great, some middle of the road, and some are total trash. WHY? I have no idea. My guess is it depends on how hung over the guy is that puts them together.

In my opinion the perfect truck would be a Ford Superduty with a Cummins (12 valve only, the 24 valve engines are junk) or Cat and the Allison.
But you know what they say about opinions, they are just like butt holes we all got one. :D