PDA

View Full Version : Shindaiwa, Kawasaki or Tanaka?

Str8Liner
09-22-2010, 12:21 AM
Ok so these are the three I hear the most about on here. So first let me say this.. Ive never used shindaiwa stuff, but Ive heard they are the absolute best small engine machines ever, and the only kawasaki stuff Ive ever run is the engines on the mowers and we all know they are #1, so Im very interested in the small engine stuff they make. But I have however heavily used stihl, echo, redmax and tanaka blowers, trimmers, stick edgers, weedwackers and chainsaws. Im absolutely tired of anything redmax, after the restrictions they're junk. Echo makes decent stuff (I know they've merged with shindaiwa) but its budget. I hated stihl weedwackers and trimmers cause they were too heavy and were less reliable than the redmax stuff in the trailer! chainsaws are their best product. Anyway, my tanaka tht 2120 is the lightest friggin machine, a little short, but its wayy better than my echo hc-150. And my Echo pb-755 is great but its got too much stress on your right shoulder. Soo before I begin to purchase anything new... What is it? If you were gonna standardize your gear would you go with shindaiwa, kawasaki or tanaka?

PlantscapeSolutions
09-22-2010, 09:33 AM
Here's my opinion-
Shindaiwa has the best string trimmers no ifs ands or buts. The T261 is great but it's being replaced. I bought several from Russo Power in the Chicago area and had them ship them to me in Texas. In all I purchased three extra T261's when I heard they were being replaced. I own eight 260's and 261's.

I also have one EB630 blower. The blower has Echo shoulder straps on it because they last longer. The flex tube for the hand throttle cost about $70 which is total BS. I've had to replace the tube twice.

Echo make good hedge trimmers and blowers. I never had any luck with the string trimmers. I never see any other professionals using Echo string trimmers either. Their chainsaws aren't bad for the price either. Their hedge trimmers gear boxes don't use needle bearing like the Shin's so they are much easier to work on. I've had better luck with the Blowers as well compared to the Shin. The Shin wasn't bad I just have to give the nod to Echo. The Shin's air filters are expensive and the aftermarket filters I've purchased were not a good fit. It's easy to get aftermarket filters for the Echo. I own four Echo trimmers, one articulating trimmer, four backpacks blowers, and three chainsaws.
Stihl- Got to love the 200T even at a list of $540 now.
Kawasaki is really the best maker of mower engines but it stops there. The Kawi small equipment is really high end home owner stuff. The string trimmers gas tanks are too small. We tried some Kawi string trimmers and got our money back. Lack of power as well. I have four mowers with Kawi power.

Staying with a mix of gear is what you need to do if you want the best of everything.

kilgoja
09-22-2010, 01:03 PM
i haven't even seen a place around here that sells shindaiwa, kawasaki, or tanaka...everthing around here i've seen is husqvarna, stihl, or honda...i've always used husqvarna trimmers and recently got a honda...they are both good...the honda weighs a lil bit more since it is a 4 stroke gas only model but it's not that big of a deal...you get used to it....i never liked stihl trimmers...they were really heavy....as far as blowers i've used stihl....i think my next blower i get will be a husqvarna though