PDA

View Full Version : Old ferris question

JonQPublic
09-22-2010, 10:49 AM
I have a 48" Ferris belt drive walk behind (old, I know). My question is, I get a lot of grass that "spills" or "comes" out from under the deck towards the fron, on the opposite side of the bagger. What causes this and how do I fix it?

Thank You.

punt66
09-22-2010, 10:52 AM
I have a 48" Ferris belt drive walk behind (old, I know). My question is, I get a lot of grass that "spills" or "comes" out from under the deck towards the fron, on the opposite side of the bagger. What causes this and how do I fix it?

Thank You.

not much you can do.

JonQPublic
09-22-2010, 11:00 AM
Okay... so most all commercial mowers do that?

punt66
09-22-2010, 11:03 AM
Okay... so most all commercial mowers do that?

i wouldnt say most. But ferris decks are know for it.

dutch1
09-22-2010, 11:05 AM
Is your deck free of any buildup? A clean deck, high lift blades and controlling ground speed may not eliminate the situation but it will help.

piston slapper
09-22-2010, 11:37 AM
Sounds like reverse pitch on the deck...blades higher in front of the deck than in the back.
If the deck still has the baffles in it , and there are no holes in it , it should discharge thru the grass chute.

You can always wrap a piece of rubber around the deck to improve the blade lift.

JonQPublic
09-22-2010, 02:31 PM
Yes, I frequently clean out the underside of the mower deck so thats all good. I guess like some people said, Ferris is known for that...

I recently had the mower serviced at a FDerris dealer so I would hope the did not make the deck pitched up in the front, but I will most definitely check that.