PDA

View Full Version : New CAST Lighting Integrated LED Wall Light

steveparrott
09-23-2010, 11:29 AM
I try to keep specific product promotions in this forum to a minimum. But I'm guessing that CAST fans will want to know about our first integrated LED fixture - it's a beauty!

The CAST Engineered Wall Light (CEWL5CB) has come to be regarded as the most rugged and versitile fixture of its type, and has quickly become the retaining wall light of choice for hundreds of hardscapers across the country.

http://www.cast-lighting.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/cewl5led1-open-3501.jpg

Now we have an LED version of this fixture - CEWL5LED1 (also of the surface-mount version - CEWL6LED1). Several years of engineering went into its development. Our specifications were very demanding: it must be rugged, water-resistant, and serviceable.

The result is an intergrated LED luminaire with the following features:

Solid bronze body with copper bracket

Frosted glass lens

Water-resistant, replaceable LED board, thermally bonded to bronze body, with internal reflector

50,000 hr. expected life, 5-year warranty on LED board, lifetime warranty on fixture components

Power consumption: 3W

Input Voltage: 8 - 20 volts AC or DC
Lumen output: 90 lm (brighter than 18W incandescent version of this fixture)
All parts cast and assembled in the USA!

More info on the CAST Lighting LED Engineered Wall Light (http://www.cast-lighting.com/products/fixtures/specialty-lights/175/).

Pro-Scapes
09-24-2010, 04:20 PM
Nice fixture Steve. I used a few of the incandesants this past spring with good results but wish they had been brighter. Too bad this wasnt avalible then.

Any plans for making the deck light LED soon ? You know I use a good pile of thoes.

bcg
09-24-2010, 06:59 PM
The hockey puck deck light is already available in LED, as is the path light.

Steve, I spent the day with Bruce in Austin at the Cast training yesterday and he talked a little about Casts current LED offerings and their plans for MR16 LED fixtures in the future. Please do keep us posted as you're allowed to divulge information, I'm really interested to hear more about what you guys will be doing.

David Gretzmier
09-27-2010, 12:48 AM
2 thoughts- 1, nice fixture, and

2, I am guessing there is some sort of gasket to make the lens water resistant? the photo does not show any.

steveparrott
09-27-2010, 09:53 AM
2 thoughts- 1, nice fixture, and

2, I am guessing there is some sort of gasket to make the lens water resistant? the photo does not show any.

David, no gasket. We designed the fixture to breathe so condensation can burn off. The LED board is conformal coated for water resistance.

steveparrott
09-27-2010, 09:54 AM
The hockey puck deck light is already available in LED, as is the path light.

Steve, I spent the day with Bruce in Austin at the Cast training yesterday and he talked a little about Casts current LED offerings and their plans for MR16 LED fixtures in the future. Please do keep us posted as you're allowed to divulge information, I'm really interested to hear more about what you guys will be doing.

BCG, the LED deck light is still in development - expected release is early 2011.

Pro-Scapes
09-27-2010, 03:29 PM
BCG, the LED deck light is still in development - expected release is early 2011.

I am excited to see the led deck light steve. Decks especially thoes that are wide spread and multi levels often pose interesting wiring challenges when you cannot get under them

NightScenes
10-13-2010, 02:06 PM
I really like this fixture but the LED color temp is very cold. I would say that it's around 4000K. I sure hope they warm it up a bit.

irrig8r
10-13-2010, 02:20 PM
I really like this fixture but the LED color temp is very cold. I would say that it's around 4000K. I sure hope they warm it up a bit.

I haven't seen it Paul, but what about using a tinted lens?

NightScenes
10-13-2010, 02:24 PM
I guess that would help if it doesn't end up looking "Disney".

steveparrott
10-13-2010, 03:38 PM

The photometric lab-tested color temp (CCT) of this LED fixture is between 2,650K and 2,800K. I just took a CCT-reading on a recent production unit and measured about 2,800K.

Our incandescent color temps vary between 2,700K and 3,000K.

There shouldn't be a significant difference.

cduncanf
10-20-2010, 08:23 PM

Paul, are you sure? We did a training last week with a half dozen of the LED units and the color is pretty close to that of a halogen, but close to the output of a 20 watt unit. They did not seem cold at all.

Classic Lighting
10-20-2010, 10:12 PM
Hey Duncan. Nice to see you on this site. Please visit often to share your expertise.