PDA

View Full Version : Engine cuts off when hot

fogie
09-23-2010, 02:29 PM
I have a 2006 Super Z with 25 Kawasaki #FH721V.The last 3 times mowing after about 30 minutes the engine start sputtering and then cuts off.If i pull the choke it will catch up and run a few minutes and cut back off.I can let it sit for an hour and crank back up and run fine for about 30 more minutes.Any suggestions?

mowerconsultant
09-23-2010, 05:40 PM
I have a 2006 Super Z with 25 Kawasaki #FH721V.The last 3 times mowing after about 30 minutes the engine start sputtering and then cuts off.If i pull the choke it will catch up and run a few minutes and cut back off.I can let it sit for an hour and crank back up and run fine for about 30 more minutes.Any suggestions?

Sounds like its fuel related.
Have you flushed all the fuel out, replaced the fuel filter and checked the carburetor bowl and jets for debris? also need to check the fuel solenoid for proper operation.

Pj

Jimslawncareservice
09-24-2010, 01:58 PM
sounds like a coil to me

MJfromMD
09-26-2010, 04:39 PM
Many have reported this same symptom, occurring in various forms. (I initiated a full post on it myself, titled "Intermittent Shutdown"). Although I am not convinced all of these are the same problem, I do feel that yours is identical to mine. BTW - I purchased my machine new as well, a 2008 "Z" with the kawi 25 hp engine.

To offer a quick cheap solution, I highly recommend you do this: Go to your local hardware store, (Mine is Ace Hdw.) and in the mower accessories isle, get a plastic body, generic fuel filter having the same inlet/outlet port size AND rated at the same - or greater engine hp as your Hustler Kawasaki engine. Replace your stock in-line fuel filter with this model. I truly believe this will remedy your problem.

There are many theories surrounding this common-reported anomaly. They range from faulty coils, to using the Ethanol fuel, to the original fuel filter having insufficient filtering capacity. I am currently leaning toward the later - and it seems to be working for me. Plus - it can't hurt you to try it in either case. Even if your current filter is not that old, has few hours on it etc......TRY IT! Its a cheap route and as I said, mine has not done it again since May of this year.

That's my 2 cents. If you need any further info, PM me.
mark_joy7@comcast.net Good luck.