PDA

View Full Version : What herbicide for this fall?

JLC
08-12-2002, 03:03 PM
I've been using Momentum, but haven't been that happy with it's violet control. I'm wondering what you guys have been using that will do a good job on this in addition to ground ivy and clover. I don't want to spend a fortune on herbicide, but I need to control the weeds. I've been told that using Trimec 992 in the spring with a good fall herbicide would be a good idea. Any thought would help.

Thanks!

Scraper
08-12-2002, 04:04 PM
Confront. Especially for clover...it'll dust it in 48 hours. As for the other weeds, kill times are longer, but more effective.

JLC
08-12-2002, 11:11 PM
Anyone else with a herbicide that is less than Confront's $100/gallon price?

Scraper
08-13-2002, 09:32 AM
It may seem excessive upfront costwise, but at a 1/2 oz per gallon you can treat almost 3 acres of lawn. I paid for the product with one application on 28,000 sq. ft.

parkmaster
08-25-2002, 03:50 PM
i used scotts step 2 with weed killer on my property a couple years ago. had no weeds next spring :D as an experiment to
see if it would work and apply to customers in the future.
reapplied scotts 2 with weed killer in spring. and scotts with
halts in early spring. had a nice yard that year:blob3:

bobbygedd
08-28-2002, 12:21 AM
this year i used confront, in granular form, excellent product. how bout using dimmension (pre emergence) in the fall?

JLC
08-28-2002, 09:03 AM
I don't use preemergent except springtime. It would do no good to apply this in the fall and have it get covered with snow.

The only weed it has to be able to dust is violets. That is the only weed besides purslane and spurge that is in my lawns.

lawnstudent
08-29-2002, 12:05 AM
Remember that Confront is being pulled from the market for apps to residential lawns because it showed up in compost.

jim