PDA

View Full Version : Are the ROPS's model specific?

ga sportsman
09-24-2010, 06:42 PM
I kinda figure they are pretty well specific, but I took mine off my Husky PZ mower and I really don't need it cluttering up the garage. Was thinking about putting it on Craigslist here and was wondering if it will fit other machines, and how would I figure out what else it may fit?

mbrew
09-24-2010, 06:59 PM
The thing with ROPS is that it needs seat belts to go with it. Are you going to remove yours?

PLS-Tx
09-24-2010, 07:15 PM
The thing with ROPS is that it needs seat belts to go with it. Are you going to remove yours?

We are going to remove our ROPS & seat belts from our new Ferris. No hills here & they get in the way.
Posted via Mobile Device

castlerockmo
09-24-2010, 07:24 PM
I kinda figure they are pretty well specific, but I took mine off my Husky PZ mower and I really don't need it cluttering up the garage. Was thinking about putting it on Craigslist here and was wondering if it will fit other machines, and how would I figure out what else it may fit?

Why not just fold it all the way down? That's what I did with mine. I prefer having on the machine in case I need it
Posted via Mobile Device

ga sportsman
09-24-2010, 11:22 PM
Why not just fold it all the way down? That's what I did with mine. I prefer having on the machine in case I need it
Posted via Mobile Device

Even in the folded position, I have hung up on some limbs and been smacked in the back of the head as the limb snaps back. It has been folded down from the get go. I just really don't need it. Haven't thought about the seatbelt though.

castlerockmo
09-24-2010, 11:54 PM
Even in the folded position, I have hung up on some limbs and been smacked in the back of the head as the limb snaps back. It has been folded down from the get go. I just really don't need it. Haven't thought about the seatbelt though.

Did you or your dealer ever take it off and turn it around? I had to point it out to my dealer that they come from the factory backwards for shipping. It should lay all the way down to the bumper like a Deere does you do that and you won't ever catch a limb....unless its with your face!
Posted via Mobile Device

Hawg City Lawns
09-25-2010, 02:19 AM
Did you or your dealer ever take it off and turn it around? I had to point it out to my dealer that they come from the factory backwards for shipping. It should lay all the way down to the bumper like a Deere does you do that and you won't ever catch a limb....unless its with your face!
Posted via Mobile Device

ive had it happen to me before taking a tight turn around a tree and catching a branch on the rops and mine folds all the way down... mines down 99% of the time but i to like using it for different things for instance the pin that holds it in place makes a nice cap rack or fold it up half way and its a good place to dry out a wet pair of gloves other than that they look kinda cool

ga sportsman
09-25-2010, 08:23 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

Yeah.... Mine was backerds too. I had to point it out and they turned it around. It does fold out of the way pretty well, but I still catch some limbs at the point where it folds. I have also hit a mailbox as I was going "under" it w/ the tank. Luckily I was paying attention and just bumped the mailbox.

pflasch
09-25-2010, 09:08 AM
I'd put it away and store it!
If you sell the mower, and it came form the manufacturer with the ROPS, they need to have it.
Laws are all different across the US, but I can see a day where ROP's are mandatory on certain model mowers etc. everywhere.

castlerockmo
09-25-2010, 10:25 AM
I'd put it away and store it!
If you sell the mower, and it came form the manufacturer with the ROPS, they need to have it.
Laws are all different across the US, but I can see a day where ROP's are mandatory on certain model mowers etc. everywhere.

Yea I think I would keep too. If you ever get a government contract they usually state all equipment has to have ROPS and seat belts. As pflasch says when you sell it they may want it on there.
Posted via Mobile Device