PDA

View Full Version : Customer wants CLOVER?!? WTF?!?!

corey4671
09-24-2010, 09:58 PM
Sent out emails quoting aeration and overseeding last week and one of my regulars replied back that he wanted to know the price for the front yard only. Said he wanted to go with CLOVER in the back yard...;) Granted this is a SMALL backyard and they have a LARGE dog they keep back there. But CLOVER?!?! Really, some folks....am I missing something here?

grassman177
09-24-2010, 10:03 PM
they used to use it as a regular part of lawn seeding back in the day, it is only the recent times of weed control that it was considered a bad thing. clover is nice and tough, so go with it for him i say.

MLAWCARE
09-24-2010, 10:31 PM
Clover also adds nitrogen to the soil.

corey4671
09-24-2010, 10:46 PM
well...OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOK

corey4671
09-24-2010, 10:47 PM
I just know it's a PITA to mow in the spring

Southern Pride
09-24-2010, 11:11 PM
Yeah I have a customer that asked about it but their backyard backed up to woods and they have kids and love the deer coming in close to eat...That's really the only logical explanation why any person would want it. Tis a bit strange but I would want the same if my backyard was woods...

corey4671
09-25-2010, 12:04 AM
Yeah I have a customer that asked about it but their backyard backed up to woods and they have kids and love the deer coming in close to eat...That's really the only logical explanation why any person would want it. Tis a bit strange but I would want the same if my backyard was woods...

the entire lot house and all is 7k sq ft. there are no woods anywhere around. deer couldn't get in this yard if they wanted to. 7 ft privacy fence all the way around the back yard

Southern Pride
09-25-2010, 12:42 AM
Alllrighty than. Give em' some clover.

meets1
09-25-2010, 02:17 AM
I maintain a yard - about 35000sq ft worth. Neighbors are the same size. The guy in middle actually plants clover. There is definite line b/t his the other two. each year these people ask me to spray one extra path over the property line to control the clover that is always expanding its growing area.

grassman177
09-25-2010, 07:51 AM
I maintain a yard - about 35000sq ft worth. Neighbors are the same size. The guy in middle actually plants clover. There is definite line b/t his the other two. each year these people ask me to spray one extra path over the property line to control the clover that is always expanding its growing area.

not that i would not do the same, but dont forget about chemical trespass laws

meets1
09-25-2010, 08:31 AM
I know. Which is why I ride right on the line with the pg machine and shoots over the line. I havn't had a problem yet but people ask that of me all the time - "just take an extra pass over the neighbors yard".

MLAWCARE
09-25-2010, 08:32 AM
Normally people don't mind because your doing them a favor because your killing some of their weeds for free but I could see the guy with the clover getting mad because he actually plants it.