PDA

View Full Version : When's the best time to buy Exmark?

BAMARED
08-12-2002, 03:20 PM
I'm guessing in the "off season" like Jan., Feb. or March. Right?

Thanks,

BAMARED

crazygator
08-12-2002, 03:34 PM
I would have to say it all depends on your area. Off season can be ok, but just before the season starts I have seen some really great deals as well. Of course the best time to buy is when you have the money....hahaha! ;)

Alan Bechard
08-12-2002, 03:56 PM
I would have to say, before you really have to have the peice of equipment and have the time and options to look them all over. I never seem to find the "substantial savings" that some folks talk about in the off season.

Al B

KirbysLawn
08-12-2002, 05:13 PM
When you have enoyght money to pay cash. ;)

Southern Lawns
08-12-2002, 06:30 PM
ANYTIME!

heygrassman
08-12-2002, 08:46 PM
If you are looking used, early spring. Good trade-ins, but never a bad time for an Ex..

Tony Harrell
08-13-2002, 05:37 AM
Most places that sell a fair selection and amount of commercial equipment have an open house in the spring. That's when the distributor reps are there to show and demo. Prices are a little better then. Find out if and when your dealer(s) are having it.

walker-talker
08-13-2002, 09:16 AM
Dealer here usually have special going on in the spring at lawn and garden shows.

MATT

LAWNGODFATHER
08-13-2002, 10:35 AM
As Larry, Moe, and Curly would say Henna time.

When you can pay cash would be the best.

Second would be Spring so you have the full season to use it.

Third would be open houses.

Fourth would be any time when you are not in the off season.

JimB
08-15-2002, 07:42 PM
:blob3: Glad you asked this question, I bought my Lazer Z hp
last november off the show room floor, it listed for $8400 but I got it for $7000. Not bad huh, just tell the guy that you might wanna wait for the new models to come in and he will start droping the price on what he already has in stock!!!
Hope this helps ya.

...Jim

Floridalandcare
08-15-2002, 09:37 PM
Why waste your time ,Get a Hustler Z......Nothing compares,nothing.

SLS
08-16-2002, 12:00 AM
Anytime is a good time to buy an Exmark product! :D

Vibe Ray
08-16-2002, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by JimB
:blob3: Glad you asked this question, I bought my Lazer Z hp
last november off the show room floor, it listed for $8400 but I got it for $7000. Not bad huh, just tell the guy that you might wanna wait for the new models to come in and he will start droping the price on what he already has in stock!!!
Hope this helps ya.

...Jim

This is a good idea and I totally believe it would work. Would have to time it right....besides that I was going to say buy in the spring spring spring!!! Cuz you aren't gonna mow during the winter, so you won't put the machine through any work 'til spring and that's just wasted warranty time. This way if anything goes wrong it is more likely to be within the warranty period. Not to mention, this way you get the latest possible model when you buy it (make sure you do, & if not you better get a discount). Exmark updates their mowers through out the year, not just once a year. If they come up w/ an update they put it on as soon as it passes testing and instead of waiting 'til the next year's models.

JimB
08-16-2002, 05:08 PM
:dizzy: Buying a new model in the spring is fine, but there is no way in hell your gonna get any kind of break on the price of the machine, especially a new year model, spring is when every tom dick and harry are looking to buy.
Buy in the fall and save some dough, I did and you can too.

...Jim

Vibe Ray
08-16-2002, 09:26 PM
Very true JimB....basically you have to decide which is best for you.....one more advantage to buying in the spring. Suppose some time during the winter, you need some money for emergency or what ever? But you spent it all on the mower. But if you would have waited till spring, you could have used your mower savings money and hopefully replace the money by springtime. Far fetched, I suppose, but if you can wait and afford the extra cost due to lack of price break, then I would reccomend spring again for all my reasons mentioned thus far and many others as well.

LAWNGODFATHER
08-16-2002, 11:46 PM
Whatever your decision, you are not going to save much more than a few hundred dollars.

Spring is the ideal time to buy. Full season ahead to pay or credit the machine back to the LCO.

Flex-Deck
08-16-2002, 11:51 PM
Some good advice here - You buy a mower-
1. When you need it - to make a living
2. Buy from a dealer that will give service.
3. Trying to save $300 or whatever and driving a 100 miles makes no sense. - Your dealer is trying to make a living too.
4. In my experience, I have found it advantagous to buy the best-most heavy duty-most expensive you need for the job wheather that be routers in a wood shop, or welders, or air compressors etc. Mowers are no exception

Besides that, if you buy a good well powered mower, we can put a flex-deck on it and make it a real mower - see my sponsor forum for pics on WB's and tractors, and see www.dixiechopper.com for the flex-deck on a ZTR.

Thanks, Brad

TSS
08-17-2002, 12:57 AM
In our area the late spring or early summer is the time to get good deals on this equipment. The finance company will offer us no payments or interest untill the following year. Down side is summer time reduces mowing due to the heat and you only have the fall growing season to get good use of your investment. .02;)

EJK2352
08-17-2002, 01:49 AM
I could have bought my Lazer for $500 less at another dealer,but they didn't know their a** from a hole in the ground when it came to service. This dealer is not an authorized Kohler or Kawasaki dealer, and ships his engine repairs 10 miles down the road to another dealer. I don't need the hassles of dealing w/ 2 different dealers. The dealer I bought from said he has to get that extra $500 to cover his costs. He has 2 excellent mechanics and I have NEVER been down for more than an hour. If we ever do run in to a major problem, he always has a demo unit on hand. All I can say is buyer beware, not all dealers are created equal. It will pay off in the long run to buy from a dealer who can back up his sales w/ service that is second to none.:) ;) :) ED

roscioli
08-17-2002, 10:49 AM
If you are considering used, right now is the time. This is (in my area up in MASS anyway) when the heat has really hit these guys that thought they could make it, and now they are selling off everything they bought new this spring. I have seen some sensational deals in my local Want Ads, EX: 52" HP's with Ultra-Vac for less than 6G's with less than 100 hours, etc.. Its sold already though, sold the day it went in, cause I called the next day! Anyway- If you are considering used, which I would, because these machines for the most part are built well enough that you wont need the warantee very much if at all, look now. For new only, I cant give advice. I bought my 27 L/C 60" this spring because I needed it the next day, and still got an OK deal from a GREAT dealer... too bad its 45 minutes away.

Flex-Deck
08-19-2002, 11:09 PM
EJK2352 - Amen