PDA

View Full Version : Color of commitment

tn mac
09-24-2010, 10:18 PM
I find myself in a difficult position,I was one of the first landscapers in the memphis area to purchase a super z shortly after the longtime dealer went out of business, a new dealer was chosen and I purchased a mini z the mower was great it was fast, handled great and the cut was good I told many of my friends about the mower and encouraged them to demo, and many bought including myself bought two more. all was well until the hours got up around 900 then people started having pump and wheel motor failures. most were out of warranty and I thought it must be from abuse until it happened to me. At 1240 hours my first machine 2005 super mini z wheel motor leaking bad need new wheel motor and the other side so much play mechanic says maybe a month , two new wheel motors $1150 dollars next the 66 inch super z needs another wheel motor $700 dollars next the 60 inch needs pump charge kits both pumps leaking. All the machines out of warranty went to my dealers owner and asked if he could talk to hustler and see if they would give me some help on the parts and he tells me its just a part of business would not even talk to the good people at hustler. I told him I have owned toro with over 2000 hour no hydro problems at all. I always thought your dealer would go to bat for you with the factory. I wonder what would cause someone to buy a new hustler when the older ones they have gave poor service. I am still in shock I really believed that hustler was the best mower money could buy, even though I had had several other shall we say small problems. I hate to say it but it looks like I will have to find another brand of mower. WHAT would you do if you were me. P.S. the 66 inch has 949 hours and the 60 inch 958 hours all service has been done on the mower at the dealer and the only people who use the mowers are myself and son.

mowerconsultant
09-27-2010, 04:05 PM
I am sorry to hear this, if you would like our regional manager to get involved to try and satisfy you with this situation let me know, please email me.

Pj

tn mac
10-06-2010, 12:27 AM
pj thanks for your offer, what info do you need from me, my dealer is telling me that the problems that I am having is all normal, and that hustlers warranty is black and white I am out of warranty. here is a list of the problems 52 super mini z 1240 hours 1 clutch, 5 blade spindles,1 starter,2 pto switches , 2 wheel motors. 66 super z 949 hours 1 engine pan gasket, 1 clutch ,1 throttle cable, 4 clutch pigtails, 2 wheel motors, 1 muffler, 2 charge kits for pumps. 60 super z 958 hours, 1 muffler, 2 charge kits for pumps. what I had asked for was to get the wheel motors at cost or at least a discount. I have been in the lawn business for 18 years and take very good care of my equipment. I love the hustler feel and speed but the little problems are off the charts. I have spent more on repairs in just one year for the hustlers then 5 years of toro use. obviously hustler knows they have a problem with there hydros & wheel motors or they would not have changed to new pumps and motors and new warranty.

mowerconsultant
10-06-2010, 02:36 PM
pj thanks for your offer, what info do you need from me, my dealer is telling me that the problems that I am having is all normal, and that hustlers warranty is black and white I am out of warranty. here is a list of the problems 52 super mini z 1240 hours 1 clutch, 5 blade spindles,1 starter,2 pto switches , 2 wheel motors. 66 super z 949 hours 1 engine pan gasket, 1 clutch ,1 throttle cable, 4 clutch pigtails, 2 wheel motors, 1 muffler, 2 charge kits for pumps. 60 super z 958 hours, 1 muffler, 2 charge kits for pumps. what I had asked for was to get the wheel motors at cost or at least a discount. I have been in the lawn business for 18 years and take very good care of my equipment. I love the hustler feel and speed but the little problems are off the charts. I have spent more on repairs in just one year for the hustlers then 5 years of toro use. obviously hustler knows they have a problem with there hydros & wheel motors or they would not have changed to new pumps and motors and new warranty.

I need you to email me your information, models and serials and such so someone can look into this situation..

Pj