PDA

View Full Version : EverRide and Great Dane Brands to be phased out by Ariens Co.

Razorblades
09-25-2010, 01:41 AM
Just read a short article that said that the Everride and great Dane Brands will be phased out by the end of 2011.

The article didn't specify if any or which models might continue to be built under the Ariens, Gravely brand or if they would still be built for New Holland.

If anyone has any info to add or follow up on, please post it here.

Thanks, Razorblades.

grassman177
09-25-2010, 07:52 AM
heard everride will be under new holland name and painted blue, which i think is already been happening

pflasch
09-25-2010, 09:12 AM
Can you post that article?

Razorblades
09-25-2010, 09:18 AM
No, but if you google search my thread title, you should be able to find it.

Mowingman
09-25-2010, 09:19 AM
This was the plan all along. Ariens took the design features and models they wanted to keep, and incorporated those into the Gravely line. Now, there is no need to waste money on different colors of paint and various decal sets.
If there is a specific feature you like about the Great Dane or Everride mowers, there is a good chance you can find it on one of the Gravely models.
The main thing Ariens wanted, and got, was the stander models.
Everyone should have seen the handwritting on the wall from the beginning.
Do a google search ,and you can find the announcement in several newspapers from that part of the country.

gasracer
10-12-2010, 01:47 PM
I was at my local Gravley deal yesterday and They have already started making there own machines. There was a Gravely stand on right next to a Everride stand on. The buttons were a little different but the machine looked the same. I am just wondering if parts will be the same for the older ones. Another dealer told me they were not sure if they were going to keep making parts for the old ones or if some of the models were going to be redesigned.

MOturkey
10-12-2010, 02:01 PM
I actually started a thread last week on this subject. My dealer told me that Gravely will market the Everride (not sure which model) Z under the name of Pro-Ride.

gasracer
10-12-2010, 02:15 PM
I actually started a thread last week on this subject. My dealer told me that Gravely will market the Everride (not sure which model) Z under the name of Pro-Ride.

That may have been the one I saw at the dealer. I have a "Scamper" WB and hope that i can keep it a while longer. If I can't find out if they will keep making parts I will sale it over the Winter.

4 seasons lawn&land
10-12-2010, 06:10 PM
I know the Toro dlr here stopped carrying the ever rides but services them still. Demoed one once. It was okay. Handle bar parking brake is sweet!

mbrew
10-12-2010, 06:36 PM
Gravely has been selling the Pro Stance for a year or two that is supposed to be nothing but a Great Dane with red paint. I'm not personally familiar with them, but there's an '09 around here that I've thought of having a look at.

Mowingman
10-12-2010, 07:30 PM
Gravely has offered the Pro Stance machines since 2007. They have always been the Everride machines with a few minor modifications to meet Gravely specs.

spaul813
10-27-2010, 07:57 PM
Can anyone help? I was going to buy the new Wright X stander next spring but have run into a heck of a deal on a new Everride Scorpion. They have a 48 for around $4300 or a 52 for about the same. It saves me about $3500 over the Wright. For a small business guy, that is a lot. I don't want to worry about having to track down parts since they are phasing out the name. Help!

pflasch
10-27-2010, 08:02 PM
I was at a dealer today and he had a new 48" on a special closeout price of $3995.00

It was the fixed deck model.

gasracer
10-27-2010, 08:14 PM
I am waiting till after the Expo this weekend to see what my dealer finds out what Gravely is going to do with Great Dane. There either going to re brand the Great Dane/Everide machines or they are going to drop them all together and design there own,dropping all parts for the older models.

MOturkey
10-27-2010, 08:16 PM
Isn't there some kind of regulation requiring manufacturers to keep parts available for a certain period of time? I may be wrong, or it may only apply to automobiles, but I'm thnking not. Otherwise, they could make a machine for one season, drop it, and you'd be SOL.

pflasch
10-27-2010, 08:18 PM
I believe that time is 3 years...

gasracer
10-27-2010, 08:22 PM
Isn't there some kind of regulation requiring manufacturers to keep parts available for a certain period of time? I may be wrong, or it may only apply to automobiles, but I'm thnking not. Otherwise, they could make a machine for one season, drop it, and you'd be SOL.

With Great Dane being sold several times over the past few years and who knows what lawsuits were involved they maynot have too do anything but drop them.

spaul813
10-27-2010, 08:33 PM
Wow! Thanks for the quick replies guys. I am brand new to this site and new to the lawn business this year.

The one I'm looking at is the adjustable deck which is what I need. Seems like a pretty good price compared to the wrights, even though I'd love to have the new X.

The dealer I was at told me Gravely was taking them over, and painting them red but it would be the same mower. If that is the case, i guess parts would still be available, but I need to make sure. I'm small time (but growing rapidly) and appreciate everyone's help and advice. If anyone hears more, please let me know. If anyone knows whether or not this is a pretty good machine, let me know. Thanks guys!!!

Shane Paul

gasracer
10-27-2010, 09:08 PM
Wow! Thanks for the quick replies guys. I am brand new to this site and new to the lawn business this year.

The one I'm looking at is the adjustable deck which is what I need. Seems like a pretty good price compared to the wrights, even though I'd love to have the new X.

The dealer I was at told me Gravely was taking them over, and painting them red but it would be the same mower. If that is the case, i guess parts would still be available, but I need to make sure. I'm small time (but growing rapidly) and appreciate everyone's help and advice. If anyone hears more, please let me know. If anyone knows whether or not this is a pretty good machine, let me know. Thanks guys!!!

Shane Paul

I found this and thought you might want to read it.
http://www.postcrescent.com/article/20100923/APC03/100923122/Ariens-phasing-out-EverRide-Great-Dane-mower-brands

spaul813
10-27-2010, 09:16 PM
Thanks Gasracer!

Straight from that site "Ariens will continue to provide technical service, parts and warranty programs for current EverRide and Great Dane Products through next year."

SOOOOOO.....CRAP!

To me, I read service, warranty and parts are only good until the end of 2011? Anyone else read that differently. I was planning on picking one up tomorrow........

lifetree
10-27-2010, 10:53 PM
... To me, I read service, warranty and parts are only good until the end of 2011 ? Anyone else read that differently. ...

They can't do that as I understand it ... supposedly by Federal law Ariens must provide parts for at least 10 years after they discontinue the product !!

spaul813
10-27-2010, 11:27 PM
If that is the case, I will purchase. I am going to try to call Ariens in the morning and see what type of information they can give me. I sent them an e-mail, but am to impatient to await a response.

So for anyone out there with any experience at all, is this machine (new Everride Scorpion) nice enough to save roughly $3,500 to $4,000 over the Wright Stander X that comes out early next year? Will be for smaller business with one sit down ztr, one stander and one walk behind. 40% commercial, 60% residential.

Thanks to all!!!!!!!!

Chilehead
10-27-2010, 11:27 PM
I am actually quite pleased to hear this. The differences between Everride, Great Dane, Gravely, and Lesco-brand machines is for the most part cosmetic. I for one am glad that Ariens is going to use the Ariens brand name for residential-grade products, and Gravely for commercial-grade products--so much simpler and more efficient.

topsites
10-28-2010, 02:48 AM
This was the plan all along.

Of course it is, always was, truth be known they were actually doing Everride owners at the time a favor.

They can't do that as I understand it ... supposedly by Federal law Ariens must provide parts for at least 10 years after they discontinue the product !!

Ohhhh!
That would explain why they ALL stop carrying parts once a model of a mower gets to be about that age!
It ain't just these guys, and not to pick on one manufacturer because by now I'm sure they ALL do it
but I'm a Toro guy so I know Toro does it too and with current models, 10+ years old = GFL!

Richard Martin
10-28-2010, 04:57 AM

We're dealing with consumer products here, not automobiles. If Ariens decides to stop production tomorrow and never sell another part there is nothing anybody can do. When MTD bought Troy-Bilt this is exactly what happened to a whole bunch of the Troy-Bilt lineup. MTD found that certain models weren't worth keeping and pulled all parts support for those models as soon as they sold their inventory of parts. I have a buddy that is still hopping mad about this. He bought a Troy-Bilt chipper/shredder and hasn't been able to get a chipper screen for it since MTD bought them. His chipper/shredder was only 2 years old when MTD bought out T-B.

Ariens will probably only keep GD-Everride in business long enough to fullfill contracts.

You will still be able to get most of the parts for these mowers at Gravely and New Holland dealers. I would check that either Gravely or NH sells the same exact mower (except for the red or blue paint) before I bought a GD-Everride.

The biggest problem you will run into with buying parts from a Gravely or New Holland dealer will be that the part numbers may not match up although the parts are the same. This is a problem with the Toro/Exmark mowers. The parts are identical but have different numbers. Most parts guys don't want to take the time to try and cross reference the parts so if you don't know the correct number you're screwed. You can download the parts manual for the appropriate Gravely/New Holland model from their respective websites.

spaul813
10-28-2010, 09:15 AM
So, this morning, I was able to get a little more information.

I spoke with Matt in Technical Support. He is based out of Nebraska for the Arien's Comany. He stated that the two year warranty would be honored as they have a lot of product that is still out in the market. Additionally, he told me they plan on continuing to have part availability for the phased out models, in this case the Everride.

Matt stated that they have known for quite some time they were being bought out by Gravely. Since that time, they have started cross referencing part numbers knowing this buy out was coming to assist in future customer service needs. Obvioulsy, I couldn't pin him down that in 10 years parts would be everywhere I looked, however I mentioned I'd at least like to feel good that I could own the machine for 5 years and be able to get it fixed when needed. His reply was, "I see no problem being able to have parts availability for that machine in 5 years".

So, for what it is worth, there is the answer. I'm thinking I'm going to give it a shot and hope I don't regret it later. If anyone has any other advice for me before I go for it, please let me know now. In a few hours it will be too late.

$4500 out the door for the Scorpion, $8500 (guesstimate) out the door for the brand new Wright X model. Quite a difference!!!

Mowingman
10-28-2010, 09:25 AM
You should be very safe as far as future parts supply is concerned, at least with the Everride stander models. These have been produced as Gravely machines since before Ariens owned Everride. Gravely will certainly want to have an ongoing parts supply for any machines sold under the Gravely name. Probably 99.9% of the parts on the Scorpion are the same on the "Gravely" branded stand-up machines.
I would say go for it, parts on that model should be no problem in the future.