PDA

View Full Version : Bad Boy Outlaw Dampers

billygoatf
09-25-2010, 07:56 AM
I just bought a 61" bad boy outlaw and am finding the control sticks very sensitive. Are the dampers suppose to bring the sticks back to neutral or just slow down the movement foward and backward? How do you adjust the dampers correctly?

mbrew
09-25-2010, 08:26 AM
The sticks to no automatically return to neutral on these machines. It took me a bit to get used to that,but I like it. There is no adjustment on the dampers themselves, but on most models they can be installed into different mounting holes which will change the feel. The process is very simple and the maintenance manual can be downloaded at the BB website. I haven't run an Outlaw, but I thought my AOS was twitchy at first. I've gotten used to it and now I really like the precession it offers.

Good Luck

billygoatf
09-25-2010, 10:50 AM
Thanks I was thinking they didn't do anything when you adjusted them, it is just a little thing to grt use to.

grassman177
09-25-2010, 03:58 PM
how do you like the outlaw??/ i saw one at tsc a while ago and looked very nice, and low and stable.

please tell us all the details

billygoatf
09-25-2010, 06:36 PM
I love the outlaw, don't want to start anything but I had a hustler fastrak 52" and wanted a bigger and faster mower . I always wanted a bad boy but was afraid of the high seat cause I have alot of low trees. The outlaw fit the bill, it just will take a little time to get use to the controls they are very sensitive. It does a real nice job mowing and stripes better than the hustler did. It is very fast, to fast to mow my place at full stick,but I do like it.:waving: