PDA

View Full Version : How many hours for you?

EliteYardServices
09-25-2010, 02:25 PM
About how many hours do you guys go before your maintenance your equipment (go into the local dealer for a good tune up). I'm talking your WB's and what not. Also how much do your guys pay, my dealer quoted my $150, does that sound about right?

cut level
09-25-2010, 05:49 PM
Tune up? What exactly are you referring to for tune up?
We service everything ourselves. Only thing I am taking my equipment to the dealer for is a breakdown that I can't fix if not under warranty. I don't see any reason to take it in unless it it's like I said earlier a repair we can't fix is the only reason. But that's us and our way of doing it and it's worked fine for us.
Posted via Mobile Device
We change oil every 50 hours (2 mowers).

JB1
09-25-2010, 05:53 PM
we do all ourselves, we do not go back to the dealer for repairs.

Clark Griswold
09-25-2010, 05:58 PM
Tune up, what to change the spark plugs?

$150 to change the plugs or plug, robbery!

gebby
09-25-2010, 08:05 PM
I'd suggest checking your owners manuel and, then do your best to stick to the schedule. If you or the dealer does. I would ask what all that gets you. For 150.00 they will probably power wash it down, clean the deck, change oil and filter, grease, change the plug(s), check and make any adjustments needed, check belts. Again hopefully. I know it's a lot of money but it's piece of mind too. If you can do your self then do it and save the money.

cut level
09-25-2010, 10:23 PM
I'd suggest checking your owners manuel and, then do your best to stick to the schedule. If you or the dealer does. I would ask what all that gets you. For 150.00 they will probably power wash it down, clean the deck, change oil and filter, grease, change the plug(s), check and make any adjustments needed, check belts. Again hopefully. I know it's a lot of money but it's piece of mind too. If you can do your self then do it and save the money.

Gonna go out on a limb here and say:

If you cant do what gebby said then you shouldnt be in this bizz. My $.02 and my opinion. I am going to eat supper, been at umpire camp all day and I AM STARVIN MARVIN.

Pizza and beer.

Lawnut101
09-26-2010, 12:14 AM
I sharpen the blades at least once a week. And I check the machine over for leaks and stuff whenever we use them. I change the oil every 50hrs, and hydro oil about ever 250. I only take it to the dealer for repairs....