PDA

View Full Version : Funny Story

pastorjoe77
09-25-2010, 05:34 PM
Today I was mowing two houses that are right next to each other. There was another lawn service unloading three houses down the street. I went back to mow one of the back yards and when I returned I noticed that somebody had mowed the front yards! I didn't know what to do I guess they had several houses on that block, then I saw him coming with the weedeater. I should have just got in my truck had some sweet tea and relaxed until he finished because he was actually doing a good job, but I then got out like nothing happened and started trimming so that he didn't feel stupid. I have come close to mowing the wrong yard but Ive been lucky so far. Have any of you ever mowed the wrong yard?

rain man
09-25-2010, 06:42 PM
Not yet but I've had guys trying to steal my jobs that way. Sounds like the neighborhood cutter. If he beats you to the job next couple of times the customer will call and tell you that it just doesn't need it this week. But, its probably just like you said.

Rayner Lawncare
09-25-2010, 09:12 PM
Yeah. Customer gave me the wrong address. Got paid for both though!

shovelracer
09-25-2010, 09:22 PM
No, but my guys have plowed a few wrong driveways before.

kubotafan
09-25-2010, 09:26 PM
Just don't rototill the wrong front yard?

Pasterjoe, the Lord provided!

clydebusa
09-25-2010, 09:38 PM
Here in Tulsa a few years ago there was a steak house built on the wrong plot of ground. This was also in the busy newer part of town. 71st and mingo to memorial area. Took about a year for them to settle on the land price.

Lawnut101
09-26-2010, 12:43 AM
Here in Tulsa a few years ago there was a steak house built on the wrong plot of ground. This was also in the busy newer part of town. 71st and mingo to memorial area. Took about a year for them to settle on the land price.

Now that is funny lol