PDA

View Full Version : Dump trailers

ygim
09-25-2010, 05:07 PM
Does any one have pics of there dump trailers?
What brand do you guys have?
looking into getting one probably 7 x 14 maybe 6 x 12

Pahl's Lawn & landscape
09-25-2010, 08:42 PM
Here is mine, 14ft 14,000lbs PJ i love it so far.

ygim
09-25-2010, 08:45 PM
great looking trailer

justanotherlawnguy
09-26-2010, 09:02 PM
here is mine at the dump:

7x14 Loudo Enterprises dump, I think they are made here in FL.

$4995 new bought 3 years ago. I love it, It makes life so easy...

DIXIECONTRACTING
09-27-2010, 09:34 AM
I have a 7x14 PJ and love it never lets me down and very heavy duty.

cat320
09-27-2010, 10:25 AM
I have a 6X12 cam dual piston lift able to carry bobcat but if i had to get another it would be a little bigger very tight with machine inside bed,also very hard to tie down .

Coastal Lawn Maintenance
09-27-2010, 10:33 AM
i love mine it is a 7x12 brimar 12k

DIXIECONTRACTING
09-27-2010, 10:41 AM
Here is mine with an excavator in back.

SIWEL
09-27-2010, 04:53 PM
I have always wanted a dump trailer, but I have not yet been able to justify it over a truck. It is nice to keep a truck that dumps with the mowing crew and then keep something else on other jobs with another truck, but the lack of year round work is what has turned me off. They are def. more efficent then a f350 mason dump or flatbed because of the payload you can carry.

Has anyone else had this expierence? I am looking to add another mason dump or a dump trailer in the spring. I would like to get another stainless sander to support my plow services also, which is why I am leaning towards truck.

DIXIECONTRACTING
09-27-2010, 04:59 PM
I though about buying a dump truck but for me the idea of being able to leave the trailer on site while my guys work to load or unload it while I go to another job or the get additional materials and the fact you don't need insurance on the trailer were the deciding factors.

bobcat48
09-27-2010, 07:28 PM
Nice dumps guys.

Jelinek61
09-27-2010, 08:12 PM
I don't have a picture of mine but its a 14K capacity H&H gooseneck. The best brands i've seen are Big Tex, PJ, and H&H in that order. If your dumping a lot of weight make sure you get the single sissor hoist. The two cylinders can twist under load. The gooseneck is awesome, better turning and better weight distribution. Just some ideas to get you started.

T-Made
09-27-2010, 08:57 PM
Hawke dump trailer 7x14 48in.sides--8 lug wheels-200572

ygim
09-28-2010, 09:24 AM
Nice looking trailers... My friend has the ez dumper 2 i wanted to get that one after using it,but they no longer make trailer only inserts. I'm leaning towards the brimar or pj

duke12
09-28-2010, 09:55 AM
Ive thought about buying one myself however, from what I have seen they are not very fast atlifting and lowering.
Is thier any way to speed up the hydros?
But they diffently have their place.

Kennedy Landscaping
09-28-2010, 11:31 AM
I would love to have one of those, maybe in time....

newtostone
09-28-2010, 12:14 PM
Here is mine, 14ft 14,000lbs PJ i love it so far.

what light bars are those and do you like them? I love how low profile they are

Coastal Lawn Maintenance
09-28-2010, 09:52 PM
Ive thought about buying one myself however, from what I have seen they are not very fast atlifting and lowering.

it dump pretty quick i think the cycle time for mine is 30 seconds and that is power up gravity down. i don't think i would want it any quicker. had 8 yards of wet sand in it and it dump it out just fine but that when it get a little slower.

eatonpcat
09-29-2010, 01:13 PM

Duke you sound like a very impatient man:laugh: How busy are you that you can't wait for a minute while the dump is lifting??

a plus bob
09-29-2010, 03:43 PM
6 1/2 by 10 with extended sides SureTrac.This thing is a beast. Sorry wont let me double post the picture :hammerhead:

a plus bob
09-29-2010, 03:51 PM
Here it is.

terrapro
09-29-2010, 04:06 PM
Here it is.

WTF is your shop a cave?!? Is that spray in insulation in a hanger?

a plus bob
09-29-2010, 04:17 PM

Its Icynene spray foam on a pole barn.I heat all 2000 sq ft with a corn burner.Every body calls it the cave.

br549oicu8
09-29-2010, 08:24 PM
Hey Caveman! You better leave your big stick at home when you journey to Louisville!! LOL!!!!!

a plus bob
09-30-2010, 07:10 AM
Hey Caveman! You better leave your big stick at home when you journey to Louisville!! LOL!!!!!

And the check book ;)

eatonpcat
09-30-2010, 12:44 PM

I thought I saw Batman and Commisioner Gordon over in the corner!!!:laugh:

MDLawn
10-04-2010, 01:37 PM
Does any one have pics of there dump trailers?
What brand do you guys have?
looking into getting one probably 7 x 14 maybe 6 x 12

I have a 2010 7x14 14k Sure Trac. Had a 6x10. Some may disagree but I'd go for the largest you can safely haul. I may never load to the full 14k capacity but the length counts the most. Bulky stuff like mulch can fill up a small trailer quick. Most long trailers come with scissor hoists and it is a good option but adds to the cost (you'll get varying opinions). I've only used scissor. Some are power up/power down or power up/gravity down (mine). Gravity down works for me as it is quicker down after you dump and doesn't use battery power to lower. But again opinions will vary. Next season I'll have a better idea of this trailer's abilities as the heavy stuff is quiet for me right now.

a plus bob
10-04-2010, 05:21 PM
I have a 2010 7x14 14k Sure Trac. Had a 6x10. Some may disagree but I'd go for the largest you can safely haul. I may never load to the full 14k capacity but the length counts the most. Bulky stuff like mulch can fill up a small trailer quick. Most long trailers come with scissor hoists and it is a good option but adds to the cost (you'll get varying opinions). I've only used scissor. Some are power up/power down or power up/gravity down (mine). Gravity down works for me as it is quicker down after you dump and doesn't use battery power to lower. But again opinions will vary. Next season I'll have a better idea of this trailer's abilities as the heavy stuff is quiet for me right now.

Or go with the side extensions on a smaller trailer like mine.I can haul 12 yds of mulch on a small trailer.I went with power up and down because when its cold they take forever to go down.

GravelyGuy
10-04-2010, 07:25 PM
Here it is.

I want that trailer Bob! I would go black so it doesn't draw so much attention when not being used. You know my parking situation.

MDLawn
10-04-2010, 08:03 PM
Or go with the side extensions on a smaller trailer like mine.I can haul 12 yds of mulch on a small trailer.I went with power up and down because when its cold they take forever to go down.

Yea sides add capacity for hauling materials but a longer one can also help with hauling equipment when you need it such as tractors or skids. I'd hate to need to go buy another trailer for that because it wouldnt fit. I looked at 10,12, & 14 footers and for the marginal difference in price I went with the largest. I didnt want to have to sell another to go get what I need.

Gravity takes longer to go down? That 14ft bed of mine comes down as it weighs a lot.

Lugnut
10-04-2010, 08:22 PM
Heres the best picture i can find of mine, 04 Cam Superline 6x10. New sides on it now along with a leaf loader for the fall

jwsland
10-04-2010, 10:28 PM
Brimar 7x12 10k.

http://www.lawnsite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=191633&stc=1&d=1276736731

Steiner
10-05-2010, 05:00 PM
My trailer....

a plus bob
10-05-2010, 05:25 PM
Gravity takes longer to go down? That 14ft bed of mine comes down as it weighs a lot.

I think its a slower.I had a 14 ft Bri-mar and when it was cold and the fluid was thick it took forever to go down.

mudwisr2
10-06-2010, 07:57 AM
Link to dump trailer: http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=306786

MDLawn
10-06-2010, 08:27 AM
I think its a slower.I had a 14 ft Bri-mar and when it was cold and the fluid was thick it took forever to go down.

Hmm. I'll have to see if this is the case. Although I really never use the trailer when it might be that cold out. I just cant imagine the fluid becoming that thick unless it was really cold, but I'm not a hydraulic fluid expert. I just like the gravity down for the thought that if something electrical ever went wrong and the dump bed was up it will still go down. But that is probably a big "what if" that rarely happens. Also it seems that most power downs are the single or dual ram set ups and not scissor (although again I am not a trailer expert, just what I have seen). The dual rams didnt seem to me to have anything positive about them besides the cheaper cost than a scissor hoist. But again thats just what my research brought me to understand.

a plus bob
10-06-2010, 07:09 PM
Hmm. I'll have to see if this is the case. Although I really never use the trailer when it might be that cold out. I just cant imagine the fluid becoming that thick unless it was really cold, but I'm not a hydraulic fluid expert. I just like the gravity down for the thought that if something electrical ever went wrong and the dump bed was up it will still go down. But that is probably a big "what if" that rarely happens. Also it seems that most power downs are the single or dual ram set ups and not scissor (although again I am not a trailer expert, just what I have seen). The dual rams didnt seem to me to have anything positive about them besides the cheaper cost than a scissor hoist. But again thats just what my research brought me to understand.

I bought my twin ram then a couple months later they came out with the scissor hoist :cry:

GravelyGuy
10-06-2010, 08:32 PM
I bought my twin ram then a couple months later they came out with the scissor hoist :cry:

Do you think scissor is better than twin ram? At Detro they told me the best type were the ones with the single ram over the tongue.

MDLawn
10-07-2010, 12:58 PM
Do you think scissor is better than twin ram? At Detro they told me the best type were the ones with the single ram over the tongue.

This is true, at least according to the dealer giving me the information on the single tongue ram. They said if you plan on hauling really heavy stuff such as stone all the time that it is a better option due to where the cylinder is pushing. But for mulch, clean ups, and other lighter things either the scissor or single ram over the tongue are good. According to the info I recieved about all three lift options the dual ram set ups aren't bad but just are not in the best pushing positon as the other two and can wear parts out. Also I've heard that if the load is uneven the cylinders may rise unevenly, not really a fun situation. I'm sure that all the lift options work well and we all have our opinions on them. I've only used scissor power up/gravity down so thats all I have an opinion for. I have seen some power down ones and they just came down too slow plus the dealer "sold" me on the idea of being able to get the bed down if there were ever electrical trouble. Alot of dump trucks seem to have scissor lifts or a single hoist at the front of the bed. Made sense to me.

a plus bob
10-07-2010, 03:27 PM
Thats what they told me also.They said the scissor was obsolete now and the single ram in front was the best option.
This is true, at least according to the dealer giving me the information on the single tongue ram. They said if you plan on hauling really heavy stuff such as stone all the time that it is a better option due to where the cylinder is pushing. But for mulch, clean ups, and other lighter things either the scissor or single ram over the tongue are good. According to the info I recieved about all three lift options the dual ram set ups aren't bad but just are not in the best pushing positon as the other two and can wear parts out. Also I've heard that if the load is uneven the cylinders may rise unevenly, not really a fun situation. I'm sure that all the lift options work well and we all have our opinions on them. I've only used scissor power up/gravity down so thats all I have an opinion for. I have seen some power down ones and they just came down too slow plus the dealer "sold" me on the idea of being able to get the bed down if there were ever electrical trouble. Alot of dump trucks seem to have scissor lifts or a single hoist at the front of the bed. Made sense to me.

Mine has always lifted evenly.I was told you have more flex with a single ram under the trailer.I haul mostly mulch and some stone from time to time.

knox gsl
10-07-2010, 03:38 PM
I know this is somewhat off subject but I have seen a trailer in the past that was low profile but could be used as one 7 foot wide bed or 2 sepperate 3.5 wide beds that could be used for hauling multiple types of material or multiple job sites, saving trips to the supply yard. I wanted to know if anyone has info on one of these and where to find it. My opinion the multi stage lift hoist on the front of the bed is my prefference with gravity down. I've used others but this seems to be the strongest.

Steiner
10-07-2010, 07:24 PM
Cam Superline xtra wide 14' 14000lb GVCW

PerfectEarth
10-07-2010, 07:41 PM
Here's mine....from a couple yrs ago. Don't know how so many guys go without one. It's the best buy ever.

mowerdude777
10-07-2010, 09:18 PM
Those are some badass trailers guys, I would love to get one but will not be able for at least another two years:mad:

MDLawn
10-08-2010, 10:55 AM
Here's mine....from a couple yrs ago. Don't know how so many guys go without one. It's the best buy ever.

Your set up with the dump truck and dump trailer, I think, is the best set up. So many times I thought "Man it would be nice to have a dump truck with this trailer" Just being able to possibly have the materials you need in the truck or trailer and putting the clean up/debris is the other. Never have to leave the site or have guys sitting around waiting for your to dump and pick up materials. Or doing multiple sites in one day with only one trip to the dump and materials yard. But if I do that set up I need to get a CDL as the combined weight is above 26k and I don't have that. Sharp looking set up though!

MDLawn
10-08-2010, 11:11 AM
I know this is somewhat off subject but I have seen a trailer in the past that was low profile but could be used as one 7 foot wide bed or 2 sepperate 3.5 wide beds that could be used for hauling multiple types of material or multiple job sites, saving trips to the supply yard. I wanted to know if anyone has info on one of these and where to find it. My opinion the multi stage lift hoist on the front of the bed is my prefference with gravity down. I've used others but this seems to be the strongest.

I dont know where to find anything like that but I ran into that situation a couple of times last year. What I may try is put some 2x4's with a 1 inch gap on the wood side extension on the dump trailer. Then get a good solid 3/4-1inch piece of plywood and slide it into the gap between the 2x4's thus giving me two roughly 7'x7' beds. Not sure if it will work but I am going to give it a try. I wouldn't try dumping it with a load behind the wood as the wood may break and then disaster. If money was not an object I'd go to my local fabricator and have them make me some aluminum barn doors that can be mounted in the center, hook into the floor when locked, and able to be removed. But for the few jobs that price may not be worth it so I'll try the first idea.

White Gardens
10-08-2010, 01:24 PM
That's the setup I'm looking to do at some point PerfectEarth.

I have a 3500 HD with 16 K plates. It's great because on bigger hauling jobs I can take my mini on my 10k tilt trailer and haul multiple loads away from the site with the truck and go skimpy on the last load and haul the mini away on the last trip.

I'd like to get a low profile dump trailer though to give me extra hauling capacity. I could get 1.5-2 tons in the truck and 5 tons in a dump trailer so I could minimize my hauling trips and still get the mini to the jobsites.

That or maximize trips when doing very large mulch jobs.

http://www.lawnsite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=201490&stc=1&d=1286494837

jwsland
10-08-2010, 08:45 PM
Nice truck/trailer pictures guys!

knox gsl
10-08-2010, 09:38 PM
I dont know where to find anything like that but I ran into that situation a couple of times last year. What I may try is put some 2x4's with a 1 inch gap on the wood side extension on the dump trailer. Then get a good solid 3/4-1inch piece of plywood and slide it into the gap between the 2x4's thus giving me two roughly 7'x7' beds. Not sure if it will work but I am going to give it a try. I wouldn't try dumping it with a load behind the wood as the wood may break and then disaster. If money was not an object I'd go to my local fabricator and have them make me some aluminum barn doors that can be mounted in the center, hook into the floor when locked, and able to be removed. But for the few jobs that price may not be worth it so I'll try the first idea.

That may work as well but the one I had seen had 2 seperate dump beds side by side.

MDLawn
10-08-2010, 10:06 PM
That may work as well but the one I had seen had 2 seperate dump beds side by side.

I think it would be hard for a guy running a loader at the yard to be able to load a 3ft wide bed without a lot of spill over. Not to mention having to move down the trailer to even the load. I think two squares would be easier to load than 2 skinny rectangles. Just my thoughts
Posted via Mobile Device

White Gardens
10-09-2010, 10:40 AM
I think it would be hard for a guy running a loader at the yard to be able to load a 3ft wide bed without a lot of spill over. Not to mention having to move down the trailer to even the load. I think two squares would be easier to load than 2 skinny rectangles. Just my thoughts
Posted via Mobile Device

Agreed, that and you'd never be able to balance out the weight and that might make for some fun driving down the road.

GravelyGuy
10-09-2010, 12:05 PM
Here are a few pics from when I was looking to get one last year. This was at the dealer.

Jayson_109
10-09-2010, 12:42 PM
Ryan seems as if you picked a fine day to go looking! Bet it was a cold and windy one out there in that open area. That long ride down there just to freeze to death. How bout a gooseneck to hook up behind that nice new F350?!?!?

GravelyGuy
10-09-2010, 01:18 PM
Ryan seems as if you picked a fine day to go looking! Bet it was a cold and windy one out there in that open area. That long ride down there just to freeze to death. How bout a gooseneck to hook up behind that nice new F350?!?!?

Haha, yeah it really started to come down on the drive there. Speaking of wind. This was a while back when I was there looking to get my enlcosed. They had a major wind storm a few days before.

mowingtowing
10-10-2010, 10:42 AM
Here is a video of my 14'PJ 14k trailer dumping leaves (in "leaf mode" with 2' additional sides on top of the 4' expanded metal sides)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIODTJ-AD2A

MDLawn
10-11-2010, 04:33 PM
Here is a video of my 14'PJ 14k trailer dumping leaves (in "leaf mode" with 2' additional sides on top of the 4' expanded metal sides)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIODTJ-AD2A

Thats pretty crazy looking coming out of that trailer!! Looks like the layers of the earth :dizzy: Any idea was that weighs when you're full? I know leaves are light but when packed in they must have some weight. Just curious.

SchnabelLawnCare
10-11-2010, 09:20 PM
Here it is.

Where did you get that trailer bob? What manufacturer?

Thanks, James

PerfectEarth
10-11-2010, 10:07 PM
Your set up with the dump truck and dump trailer, I think, is the best set up. So many times I thought "Man it would be nice to have a dump truck with this trailer" Just being able to possibly have the materials you need in the truck or trailer and putting the clean up/debris is the other. Never have to leave the site or have guys sitting around waiting for your to dump and pick up materials. Or doing multiple sites in one day with only one trip to the dump and materials yard. But if I do that set up I need to get a CDL as the combined weight is above 26k and I don't have that. Sharp looking set up though!

That's pretty much why I went with the dump/dump set-up. It comes in very handy, very often! ...debris in one, new materials and tools in the other. And no matter what, it's just hitting the buttons at the end of the day to get rid of everything. I swore I would never spend time throwing stuff off a trailer at a dump... too much work after you're already tired.

My Dingo fits great in the dump trailer- but the problem sometimes comes up that White Gardens mentioned... frequently, I have to leave the machine to go dump debris and make another trip to get it later. No biggie tho- I can dump debris in the truck (with the sides folded down) with the Dingo....but I much prefer using the trailer for that. It fits more and easier dump access.

And yes, had to get a Class A because the trailer is 12,000. If it were an even 10,000, I wouldn't have needed to....

mowingtowing
10-12-2010, 06:38 AM
The truck and trailer combo weighs just over 14500 empty. A load of leaves usually weights between 4000 and 7000 or 8000 lbs depending on how wet they are. The sides in "leaf mode" yield a total volume of about 26 yds.

Thats pretty crazy looking coming out of that trailer!! Looks like the layers of the earth :dizzy: Any idea was that weighs when you're full? I know leaves are light but when packed in they must have some weight. Just curious.

a plus bob
10-12-2010, 09:46 AM
Where did you get that trailer bob? What manufacturer?

Thanks, James

Detro trailer, its a Suretrac I ordered the wire sides, the guy I deal with is Tony.

flairland
10-12-2010, 08:13 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

cborden
10-14-2010, 04:31 PM
Chubbs 7x12 12k

Bojangles1432
10-15-2010, 05:22 PM
Doolittle 7X16 14k
http://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd378/evergreenrc/DumpTrailer.jpg

flairland
10-15-2010, 06:44 PM
Upgraded from a 12' bumper to 14' gooseneck last week. 14000lbs LoadTrail Dumper

Deererunner
02-16-2011, 11:56 AM
Upgraded from a 12' bumper to 14' gooseneck last week. 14000lbs LoadTrail Dumper

How do you like the gooseneck dump trailer over your bumper pull? I can't decide on what style I want to get myself but am leading towards the gooseneck because they are supposed to handle better and be safer for the truck. Nice Rig by the way!

bobcat48
02-16-2011, 07:53 PM
Great lookin trailers everyone.

KrayzKajun
03-27-2011, 06:31 AM
hoping to add a dump trailer fairly soon!

i found a 7 x 12 10k bumper pull , sitting in the weeds while riding around patrolling tonight. trailer needs a new floor welded in(rusting out at seams) and a lil tlc. going talk to the property owner later today and try and maybe work out a deal on it. trailer has been sitting there for a good while now.