View Full Version : Having problems getting my Stander mulch kit to fit??
09-25-2010, 08:23 PM
it's for my 36". I know which way the kit is supposed to go but the holes are not aligning up....any ideas?
09-25-2010, 10:39 PM
09-25-2010, 11:48 PM
Did you get the correct kit? My dealer ordered the wrong kit for me once. Mistakes happen.
09-25-2010, 11:53 PM
I bought an older demo 52" Stander (2004 model) mower two years ago, and ordered one of the side discharge baffles. When I went to install it, I thought at first that the holes wouldn't line up. The baffle is, in fact, a little flexible. After loosely installing one bolt (near the trim side), I managed to bend the baffle a little to install the next bolt, and so on. A few c-clamps or pipe clamps came in handy to pull the baffle into line. It would be a pain to remove and replace the baffle regularly.
09-26-2010, 12:08 AM
the box said 36" and so did the invoice.....
If it was for a 42", the kit would be bigger i would think....
09-26-2010, 12:10 AM
i find it hard that you can bend the baffle....unless we are talking about something different.....
09-26-2010, 09:34 PM
The side discharge baffle is significantly different than a mulching baffle, but they bolt in the same holes. The problem with my baffle was that it had a slight twist to it, which caused the holes not to line up (It looked like Wright had welded it together out of alot of small parts). The clamps helped twist it into line.
There is also a 32" baffle as well as a 36" and a 42"; and older Standers might not have predrilled holes.
09-27-2010, 02:47 AM
Manufacturers do tweak decks and mulch kits. I'd do this.
1. Get your mower's serial number.
2. If you have the manual find the part number for the mulch kit and see if you have the right kit.
3. If not, call the manufacturer and confirm that your mulch kit is specifically for your serial number mower.
4. If that checks out, consult the instructions carefully to make sure you're putting it on right. Sometimes things will reverse and be close to fitting, but not fit.
5. I have had mulch kit weldments be off a little and so require some bending to fit right. But make sure you have the right parts before going at it with a hammer.
vBulletin® v3.8.6, Copyright ©2000-2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.